New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    mas kupal pa nga mga naka small car

first car newbie driver feeling siga sa kalye
    Sinabi mo pa, kanina lang sa open road a wigo wanted to race me, ang bagal ng takbo but when I was overtaking him biglang binilisan, ayaw pa overtake, akala eh mananalo sa fortuner [emoji16].

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    lately mirage ang maraming kups, dati vios e

Bakit nga ba bigla dumami wigo sa daan?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya context dudes

sa states kasi kahit sino pwede mag car loan makabili ng accord, rav4 etc

so rich people there separate themselves from the masses by driving BMWs and Mercs etc

dito sa 3rd world Pinas where the masses commute or use single motor ung makabili lang ng econocar feeling rich na mayabang na

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I didn't read the article Pero hindi ba ordinary din Mercedes at BMW sa US?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    "I had noticed that the ones most likely to run a red light, not give way to pedestrians and generally drive recklessly and too fast were often the ones driving fast German cars," Helsinki University's Jan-Erik Lönnqvist said in a press release.

He set out to discover what kind of person is more likely to buy an expensive car, creating a personality test of Finnish car owners.

"The answers were unambiguous: self-centred men who are argumentative, stubborn, disagreeable and unempathetic are much more likely to own a high-status car such as an Audi, BMW or Mercedes," the press release states.

"These personality traits explain the desire to own high-status products, and the same traits also explain why such people break traffic regulations more frequently than others," Lönnqvist added.
    His study cited previous research that indicated drivers behind the wheel of a costly vehicle are more likely to flout traffic regulations or drive recklessly.

-----------------
    Last edited by uls; February 27th, 2020 at 01:56 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What does it say about those who lease cars? Anyone can lease a premium brand car. In fact, Scotty Kilmer says to lease Audis, BMWs, and MBs instead of buying to own because they become money pits as they age. Perhaps, a leasee is more likely to abuse cars and be a dickhead because repair and maintenance costs will be on the leaser. Kinda like rental cars which are abused all the time.

Me? I buy and keep my cars until they either fall apart or donate it.

The real a**holes I see on the road usually drive pickup trucks or SUVs. They also tend to be women. They outnumber kids who drive tuner cars.

See?

Marge Simpson In Screaming Yellow Honkers Part 3 - YouTube
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 27th, 2020 at 02:36 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    people who are "argumentative, stubborn, disagreeable and unempathetic are much more likely to own a high-status car such as an Audi, BMW or Mercedes"

focus on the ugali not the brand coz "high-status cars" may be different in other areas

--

btw people with those traits also tend to break traffic rules

"the same traits also explain why such people break traffic regulations more frequently than others"

--

mga mayabang na nag ka-counterflow sa atin usually naka PPV/SUV hindi naka German sedan
    Last edited by uls; February 27th, 2020 at 02:40 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    people who are "argumentative, stubborn, disagreeable and unempathetic are much more likely to own a high-status car such as an Audi, BMW or Mercedes"

focus on the ugali not the brand coz "high-status cars" may be different in other areas

--

btw people with those traits also tend to break traffic rules

"the same traits also explain why such people break traffic regulations more frequently than others"

--

mga mayabang na nag ka-counterflow sa atin usually naka PPV/SUV hindi naka German sedan
    Many pickup trucks and SUVs are priced north of US$50k once amenities are added in. So, they're not exactly cheap. Most motorists I've seen here who drive German and Japanese luxury brands and V8 sedans are actually well-behaved.

See what cars the knuckleheads I caught on dashcam drive. None of them are premium brands.

U-turn Driver - YouTube

218 68 184133 288 - YouTube

217 725 1 A119 Distracted Doofus in Tucson - YouTube

217 816 859 G1W-C Dickhead Cuts in Line - YouTube

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast