New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my sister is a globe broadband subscriber. plan 999 ata yung kasama fone. now she has a laptop and wants a wireless connection.

will the linksys wrt54g work on globe? or do i have to look for another model. my smartbro works on the linksys wrt54g. di ko sure gagana sa globe.

and also sa globe kasi pag gagamit sya ng internet, nag sign pa sya. sa smartbro laging on-line na kasi. do i still need to install anything on the laptop?

tnx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pag prolink H9200 ang modem nya sa globe baka mamoblema siya. Pareho ang ip add nila na 192.168.1.1(prolink at linksys) , kung hindi naman prolink ok lang.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hmmmm need to check on that, di kasi ako familiar sa set-up nung globe, but last time i fixed her PC, parang usb yung line ng globe.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Tell Globe to change the USB Modem into a LAN Modem.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede naman palitan IP add ng mga routers. Any router should do.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any good WiFi router should be fine. Personally I have replaced my Linksys routers with TP-Link brand wifi routers (P2100/unit).

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    and also sa globe kasi pag gagamit sya ng internet, nag sign pa sya. sa smartbro laging on-line na kasi. do i still need to install anything on the laptop?
    Nag sign pa sya? You mean parang dial-up that you have to enter a username and password to connect to the internet? If that's the case, globe issued you a modem in bridge mode.

OK lang sana it'll work with most of the routers out there in the market, AFAIK globe is now using PPPoA (before PPPoE) after upgrading their systems to ADSL2. Most routers in the market only supports PPPoE but to make sure I suggest you call globe about this para naman sigurado ka sa mga kakailanganin mo.

Hope this helps...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ok guys pinuntahan ko sis ko kanina to check on the globe set-up.
    its like this....

phone line > dsl filter > speedtouch 330 (its like a silver clam on the desk) > usb cable to the PC

whitejack, yeah everytime she wants to connect to the net she signs-in like a dial ISP.

so now di ko na alam anong router to buy, since usb ang connection from the speedtouch thingy to the PC. and the wrt54g only has a lan cable connector.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I googled speedtouch 330 and found out that this one is a USB Modem (no LAN ports) and is designed to connect only a single PC to the internet. The best option is to follow sir andre's suggestion:

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Tell Globe to change the USB Modem into a LAN Modem.

Because wireless routers use RJ45 as WAN ports.

Another thing, I have a friend subscribed also with globelines, the ISP provided him with a ProLink modem router (4 ports) with wireless LAN. Maybe you could request globelines modems like these.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ok tnx. will call globe for moden change. thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
what router to use on globe