New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Currently, I carry around an iPhone 5S (my main phone, Globe locked), an iPhone 5 (my second phone, openline, and for using other countries' sim when I travel), and an iPad mini (for reading, playing, and checking emails with large attachments). The iPhone 5 is showing its age already as the battery is already very erratic. Most of the time, from 50% battery level, it will suddenly drop to around 10-15%. So it needs to be replaced.

Lugging around 3 devices, especially with an iPad mini, is already feeling a little heavy on my man purse. So I've been thinking of just getting an iPhone 6+ to replace 2 of my devices.

So are the pros and cons if I do this?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Mega (6.3") which is even bigger than the iPhone 6+, but it's still not a good replacement for an iPad mini.

Games are fine, but reading emails and especially ebooks are difficult on a phablet. Plus, texting is quite hard on a big phone, not to mention the hassle of putting it in your pocket.

I still prefer to use my iPad mini for web browsing, reading, and email. The iPhone 5/5s has a smallish screen for me nowadays, while the 6+ is too big, so the iPhone 6 is the best size for me. Will definitely upgrade to a bigger screen once I renew my plan.
    Last edited by jut703; February 24th, 2015 at 12:10 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    IMO a smaller phone + tablet is better than carrying a phablet. Why not get the iPhone 6 to replace the 5s and 5 then get a cheap phone as your secondary phone. That way, when one of your devices runs out of power, you still have another to use (either the iPhone or the iPad).

I don't usually bring my bag when I go out and I always put my phone in my pocket which is why I stay away from phones with 5 inch+ screens

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    6+ too big for me using as phone when I was choosing it between IP6. So bought the IP6 instead, bigger than IP6 size is not ideal to use as a phone.

Still using my iPad 4th gen but here's the thing I don't carry it in my person everyday unless I'm traveling locally or abroad. I bring it but I just leave it in the table or something just leave it in the car.

And I only have 1 phone with me using it for personal and business. No problem din pag going out the country since it's open line, as much as possible I get an open line iPhone I just trade my smart issue locked iPhone to an open line in GH

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *boybi, there is a recall on iphone 5 batteries. check mo online baka mapalitan pa yung iphone 5 mo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^kahit daw hinde included Sa recall batch papalitan na rin nila

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    *boybi, there is a recall on iphone 5 batteries. check mo online baka mapalitan pa yung iphone 5 mo.
    They also had a replacement program for defective power/unlock button. Some of my friends's iPhone 5's are acting up, sa mom ko hindi naman though kasama siya sa batch ng mga eligible for button replacement. Weird thing is Globe didn't announce this, pero alam ng Power Mac.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Currently, I carry around an iPhone 5S (my main phone, Globe locked), an iPhone 5 (my second phone, openline, and for using other countries' sim when I travel), and an iPad mini (for reading, playing, and checking emails with large attachments). The iPhone 5 is showing its age already as the battery is already very erratic. Most of the time, from 50% battery level, it will suddenly drop to around 10-15%. So it needs to be replaced.

Lugging around 3 devices, especially with an iPad mini, is already feeling a little heavy on my man purse. So I've been thinking of just getting an iPhone 6+ to replace 2 of my devices.

use one device... a samsung note 4....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post

use one device... a samsung note 4....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Mega (6.3") which is even bigger than the iPhone 6+, but it's still not a good replacement for an iPad mini.

Games are fine, but reading emails and especially ebooks are difficult on a phablet. Plus, texting is quite hard on a big phone, not to mention the hassle of putting it in your pocket.

I still prefer to use my iPad mini for web browsing, reading, and email. The iPhone 5/5s has a smallish screen for me nowadays, while the 6+ is too big, so the iPhone 6 is the best size for me. Will definitely upgrade to a bigger screen once I renew my plan.
    i dont think texting is quite hard on phablets.... there are aftermarket apps that enlarges the keyboard. i use fleksy app from the google play.... laking aluwan.

however, it may be hard on iPhones though.... hindi ata ma bago ang keyboard layout nila eh.
    for playing games, mahirap dyan, maski iPAD..... sa PC or laptop lang dapat... dibale kung mga simple games lang...

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

i dont think texting is quite hard on phablets.... there are aftermarket apps that enlarges the keyboard. i use fleksy app from the google play.... laking aluwan.

however, it may be hard on iPhones though.... hindi ata ma bago ang keyboard layout nila eh.
    for playing games, mahirap dyan, maski iPAD..... sa PC or laptop lang dapat... dibale kung mga simple games lang...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. I still need my Globe number while roaming, so my main iPhone 5S is irreplaceable at the moment.
    2. If ever I'll get an iPhone 6+, I won't be putting it in my pocket. It will be in my man purse, just like my iPhone 5, which is always in my bag.
    3. I will need an iPhone when travelling, that's why I use 2 iPhones.
    4. I don't text too much using my 2nd line. So the size of the 6+ is not much of a problem. The question should be how will it's size be compared to an iPad mini.

If my iPhone 5 will be qualified for free battery replacement, then I won't need to get a 6+ for now.

If it is not qualified, then we go back to my question. Is it a sacrifice to replace 2 of my devices to a 6+?

2 devices vs 1 device.
    Heavy vs light.
    2 chargers vs 1 charger.
    Big screen vs smaller screen.

1. I still need my Globe number while roaming, so my main iPhone 5S is irreplaceable at the moment.
    2. If ever I'll get an iPhone 6+, I won't be putting it in my pocket. It will be in my man purse, just like my iPhone 5, which is always in my bag.
    3. I will need an iPhone when travelling, that's why I use 2 iPhones.
    4. I don't text too much using my 2nd line. So the size of the 6+ is not much of a problem. The question should be how will it's size be compared to an iPad mini.

If my iPhone 5 will be qualified for free battery replacement, then I won't need to get a 6+ for now.

If it is not qualified, then we go back to my question. Is it a sacrifice to replace 2 of my devices to a 6+?

2 devices vs 1 device.
    Heavy vs light.
    2 chargers vs 1 charger.
    Big screen vs smaller screen.
    Signature

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast