New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My work now entails more and more internet browsing when on the move. Yet I don't think I will be lugging along a laptop all over. Now I used to have a SE P990i and it was okay. Am not as concerned about getting push email though but more browsing pages and checking stuff online. So would a blackberry be okay or is that too push email centric?

They say the iPhone browses the net well but then they also say it breaks easily.

An iphone clone like a Samsung? LG?

What is best recommended?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I've got Iphone 3GS the very first day it launched (June '09). So far I've not seen any sign of it breaking easily.

I know for a fact that the shell is prone to scratches but that can easily be solve with a trusted case.

I can't comment on Samsung or LG as I have not owned one. I used to have a SE P900 but the internet experience is nothing compared to what the Iphone offers.

Hope this helps

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict
    I tried the N97 and installed Opera Mini on it as well. Very good experience but I like the resolution and the keyboard of the E90 better.
    I have a N82 with Opera browser installed. Didn't like it simply because of the screen size, non-touch screen function and slow response thru EDGE (AT&T).

I have a friend who recently showed me his latest Android phone (A Motorola Calgary unit)under Verizon. Nice but after using Iphone for quite a while, I tend to view all the rest as simply copycats. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure other manufacturers have studied Iphone's weaknesses and have already concocted a formula to match Apple's prowess.

Other phones may be better in some degree but only Iphone offers a distinct balance of simplicity, functionality, and elegance. At this time, it has set a standard of its own especially in the area of portable internet browsing.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    go for an Iphone 3GS or 3G, a coworker has this Motorola DROID its ok, BlackBerry Storm2 much better but ill still pick 3GS over it anytime... O yeah my phone right now is a sony xperia x1 and yes its a mistake buying this phone, before that I had a iphone 2g and yes i miss it

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

How about a netbook?....

9000:snowfight1:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I did get the reply on the netbook in some forums and to use a Smart Bro or Globe Tattoo. But part of my work is also to push internet use on Mobile phones hence the need for checking constantly online using mobile phones. How heavy are netbooks? Size? Are they the 10inch screen ones? Are they easy to use in cars (as a passenger) or will the signal/connection drop?

Am generally inclined towards the iPhone 3Gs and a Nokia n900. They say that iPhones are not flash enabled? Is that true? While the n900 will allow you to view flash sites.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead
    Am generally inclined towards the iPhone 3Gs and a Nokia n900. They say that iPhones are not flash enabled? Is that true? While the n900 will allow you to view flash sites.
    Flash content is not currently available on the Iphone. In my experience, I have no complaints in viewing some video sharing sites. For me, it's not a deal breaker. In extreme cases, I know some desperate blokes who would go and have their Iphones jailbroken just to get some features running on their device.

I'm not familiar with n900 so I can't comment on that. However, if it allows flash based content to be available on the device and it's a major requirement for you, then don't hold back.

Netbook as against Iphone or n900? Hmmm... just imagine which is more convenient to use while on the go.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If budget is an issue, why not a Nokia E63? Retails for less than 10k, with wi-fi capabilities, and full keypad.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    My work now entails more and more internet browsing when on the move. Yet I don't think I will be lugging along a laptop all over. Now I used to have a SE P990i and it was okay. Am not as concerned about getting push email though but more browsing pages and checking stuff online. So would a blackberry be okay or is that too push email centric?

They say the iPhone browses the net well but then they also say it breaks easily.

An iphone clone like a Samsung? LG?

What is best recommended?

a nokia e series would be ok.
    or an iphone
    or even a samsung or an lg, as long as it has a bigger screen.

dont get the iphone clone, ang sama ng performance.

but if i am you, i would get a UMPC with a mobile smart broadband internet na USB...

imho, the blackberry is more geared towards push email, not web.

one more suggestion, the sony ericsson experia is also good, plus the XTC phones...
    Last edited by 1D4LV; December 16th, 2009 at 04:38 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    a nokia e series would be ok.
    or an iphone
    or even a samsung or an lg, as long as it has a bigger screen.

dont get the iphone clone, ang sama ng performance.

but if i am you, i would get a UMPC with a mobile smart broadband internet na USB...

imho, the blackberry is more geared towards push email, not web.

one more suggestion, the sony ericsson experia is also good, plus the XTC phones...
    Seems there are thumbs up for the Nokia e series. Which of these have the best screens. Checked and the experia appears to be on the same format as the Ns in look or slide keyboard. Any feedback on OS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What phone would you currently recommend for web browsing