New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Question for our techies out there. I am considering replacements for my almost 2 yr old note 3. I'm chrcking out the xiaomi mi note pro and the soon to be released note5. I saw on the specs that the mi note pro has this thing called lte cat9. What is that? And can smart work with that setup?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    E-UTRA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This information can help.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

E-UTRA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This information can help.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippo21 View Post
    Question for our techies out there. I am considering replacements for my almost 2 yr old note 3. I'm chrcking out the xiaomi mi note pro and the soon to be released note5. I saw on the specs that the mi note pro has this thing called lte cat9. What is that? And can smart work with that setup?
    I believe it's a newer LTE hardware which lets a device connect to faster LTE networks, similar to Bluetooth (from v 2.0 to 4.0)? But knowing how fast and reliable local networks are, I think you wouldn't notice the advantages of having cat9.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    LTE Cat9 provides higher data rates, lower latency and is optimized for packet data which translates to 450 Mbps download and up to 50 Mbps upload. Newest technology to but I think Samsung is already going for Cat10