New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I received the following text message this afternoon from an unknown number (hindi ko na ipapaskil for privacy reasons):

May importante akong sasabihin sayo. Hindi na ako makakareply call back ka nalang o share 5 pesos na load. Eto bagong number ko,
    I'm inclined to think that this is a scam because:
    - Hindi nagpakilala ("bagong number" raw, may presumption na kilala ko ang nagpadala)
    - Kung importante, I'm sure it was worth his/her while to send me what he/she wanted to say in the first text message (i.e. yung nasa taas). If it was really that important, I'm sure the information was much more valuable than 5 pesos or a few minutes worth of load on a phone call.

On the one hand...:
    - 5 pesos lang ang hinihinging load. Parang masyado maliit para sa isang scam

...but on the other hand:
    - Pareho kami ng network. It's highly possible that this person's unlimited text session is running out and he/she's just fishing for some extra load for another unli-text session.

Hindi na ako sumagot. I don't reply to texts from unknown numbers whose senders don't identify themselves. Ang tanong ko lang is, what do you think of it? Nakatanggap na ba kayo ng ganitong message?
    Last edited by Alpha_One; June 16th, 2007 at 10:24 PM. Reason: tpyo correciotn

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    ...but on the other hand:
    - Pareho kami ng network. It's highly possible that this person's unlimited text session is running out and he/she's just fishing for some extra load for another unli-text session.
    yan na yun! mismo!!!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Have received a message with exactly the same text some months ago.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    scam. eh di dapat nagpakilala man lang siya.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ang importante nyang sabihin ay "Thank you for the load" hehehehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    nakuha ko exact message na yan. tinawagan ko pero di sumasagot.

nakarecieve din ako ng ganyang ganyan...di ko nga pinasaha sabi ko panga

(nek nek mo!)

sa mom ko 20 ang hinihingi, buti nandun ako, papasahan na nya...

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    Ang importante nyang sabihin ay "Thank you for the load" hehehehe
    nge! tama sir! pinasahan ko kasi ng 4 e 10 ang hinihingi, para lang malaman ko mangyayari.. tapos nagtext back "maraming salamat kuripot!" grrrrr!

funk sana 2 pesos nalang pinasa mo, hehehe

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    The other day I received a text message na nanalo raw ako ng P250K sa BSP raffle. 0922 yung number, ang ginawa ko i sent the message back to him. Ehehe, hindi sumagot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What do I make of this text message? (Legit or scam?)