New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    This thread is about weird stuff you stumbled upon in the internet, real life or maybe your own.

I've stumbled upon this video in YouTube and I was shocked. It is possible that a mother can give birth to kids not her own. Even the DNA doesn't match. It's weird.

Someone explained later that she is a chimera. In other words, twins have merged into one physical body. The baby was not really hers, it's her twin inside her.

So weird. Watch this video:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I was in Nara last year. As I was exploring the vicinity for anything unusual, I stumbled upon this shrine:

I entered and I was rather puzzled when I saw this:

It appears to be a Roman Catholic "Sacred Heart" cross on this wooden pillar. So, I asked myself and began to wonder whether Catholic missionaries were here. But, this is a Shinto shrine built during the Edo period of Japan. The name of this Shrine is the Himuro Shrine in Nara. Knowing the culture of the Japanese people, I don't think they would allow mixture of anything "foreign" in their sacred places, what more during ancient times.

This heightened my curiosity and began exploring even more. I stumbled yet another mystery when I saw this statue of their goddess Kannon, the goddess of mercy and compassion.

I took a close up picture of what appears to be a cross again. I was like, "what the hell" moment. I seriously thought I was in a parallel universe.

Is this the Shinto version of Mother Mary? This is really odd and strange to say the least. The goddess Kannon had existed before the advent of Christ. So, the cross should not even exist.

What I found out that there's really a Christian history during the Edo period of Japan. I believe the Japanese converts or "Kirishitan" incorporated Roman Catholic icons on the goddess Kannon since Mother Mary bare the same resemblance as their goddess Kannon.

However, Christianity was suppressed during those times and as many as 3000 Japanese Kirishitan were moved to Manila in Spanish Philippines.

Some background history:

"The Shimabara Rebellion, led by a young Christian man named Amakusa Shirō Tokisada, took place against the shogunate in 1637. The rebellion broke out over economic desperation and government oppression but later assumed a religious tone. About 27,000 people joined the uprising, but it was crushed by the shogunate after a sustained campaign. The reigning shogun, Tokugawa Iemitsu, who had issued the Sakoku Edict, restricting trade and effectively isolating Japan, two years earlier, came down hard on the Christians. Many Japanese were deported to Macau or to the Spanish Philippines. Many Macanese and Japanese Mestizos are the mixed-race descendants of the deported Japanese Catholics. 400 were officially deported by the government to Macau and Manila, but thousands of Japanese were pressured into moving voluntarily. About 10,000 Macanese and 3,000 Japanese were moved to Manila.

The Catholic remnant in Japan were driven underground, and its members became known as the "Hidden Christians". Some priests remained in Japan illegally, including 18 Jesuits, seven Franciscans, seven Dominicans, one Augustinian, five seculars and an unknown number of Jesuit irmao and dojuku. Since this time corresponds to the Thirty Years' War between Catholics and Protestants in Germany, it is possible that the checking of Catholic power in Europe reduced the flow of funds to the Catholic missions in Japan, which could be why they failed at this time and not before. During the Edo period, the Kakure Kirishitan kept their faith. Biblical phrases or prayers were transferred orally from parent to child, and secret posts (mizukata) were assigned in their underground community to baptize their children, all while regional governments continuously operated fumi-e to expose Christians."

Kirishitan - Wikipedia

Interesting!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    I was in Nara last year. As I was exploring the vicinity for anything unusual, I stumbled upon this shrine:

I entered and I was rather puzzled when I saw this:

It appears to be a Roman Catholic "Sacred Heart" cross on this wooden pillar. So, I asked myself and began to wonder whether Catholic missionaries were here. But, this is a Shinto shrine built during the Edo period of Japan. The name of this Shrine is the Himuro Shrine in Nara. Knowing the culture of the Japanese people, I don't think they would allow mixture of anything "foreign" in their sacred places, what more during ancient times.

This heightened my curiosity and began exploring even more. I stumbled yet another mystery when I saw this statue of their goddess Kannon, the goddess of mercy and compassion.

I took a close up picture of what appears to be a cross again. I was like, "what the hell" moment. I seriously thought I was in a parallel universe.

Is this the Shinto version of Mother Mary? This is really odd and strange to say the least. The goddess Kannon had existed before the advent of Christ. So, the cross should not even exist.

What I found out that there's really a Christian history during the Edo period of Japan. I believe the Japanese converts or "Kirishitan" incorporated Roman Catholic icons on the goddess Kannon since Mother Mary bare the same resemblance as their goddess Kannon.

However, Christianity was suppressed during those times and as many as 3000 Japanese Kirishitan were moved to Manila in Spanish Philippines.

Some background history:

"The Shimabara Rebellion, led by a young Christian man named Amakusa Shirō Tokisada, took place against the shogunate in 1637. The rebellion broke out over economic desperation and government oppression but later assumed a religious tone. About 27,000 people joined the uprising, but it was crushed by the shogunate after a sustained campaign. The reigning shogun, Tokugawa Iemitsu, who had issued the Sakoku Edict, restricting trade and effectively isolating Japan, two years earlier, came down hard on the Christians. Many Japanese were deported to Macau or to the Spanish Philippines. Many Macanese and Japanese Mestizos are the mixed-race descendants of the deported Japanese Catholics. 400 were officially deported by the government to Macau and Manila, but thousands of Japanese were pressured into moving voluntarily. About 10,000 Macanese and 3,000 Japanese were moved to Manila.

The Catholic remnant in Japan were driven underground, and its members became known as the "Hidden Christians". Some priests remained in Japan illegally, including 18 Jesuits, seven Franciscans, seven Dominicans, one Augustinian, five seculars and an unknown number of Jesuit irmao and dojuku. Since this time corresponds to the Thirty Years' War between Catholics and Protestants in Germany, it is possible that the checking of Catholic power in Europe reduced the flow of funds to the Catholic missions in Japan, which could be why they failed at this time and not before. During the Edo period, the Kakure Kirishitan kept their faith. Biblical phrases or prayers were transferred orally from parent to child, and secret posts (mizukata) were assigned in their underground community to baptize their children, all while regional governments continuously operated fumi-e to expose Christians."

Kirishitan - Wikipedia

Interesting!
    There's also the theory that Buddhism was influenced by Graeco-Roman culture. Notice the flowing robes of Buddha and Kannon w/c are reminscent of flowing togas.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Interesting. Im sure the protestants will have something to say on this.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I have a book about ancient Babylon religion. Part of the discussion is a common symbol you will find among the religion around the world, the cross. You're observation about the cross is correct, and that the shrine will not be allowed to be tainted with other religion.

If you consider the date, why is it that the shrine is much older than Christ? The only answer I can think of is that the cross is based from the ancient religion.

Let's take for example the mother and child worship, the goddess Isis and her son Osiris. I think this is from Egypt. There are other examples of mother and child worship, but I can't remember. Now, the time came after the Roman Empire stopped persecuting followers of Christ, they adopted / declared that Christianity to be the official religion. Since most, if not all countries they conquered, practiced their own religion and other paganism, they "needed to merge" those practices with Christianity. One of them is the mother and child worship. What's the best way to "combine" their beliefs with Christianity is no other than Mary and her child Jesus.

Of course, we Catholics will never admit that we are worshipping Mary. We often argue that the adoration, statue, feasts, etc. are all but to show respect and not worship. I remember my teacher saying, "it's like a picture of your mother, you do not worship but show respect".

I do not intend to start a debate about religion, about Catholics versus Protestants. The examples I gave can be found from Britannica Encyclopedia and other sources. It is unfortunate that I don't have the capacity to give the exact reference right now.

Going back to the book, I remember one conclusion that "all religions and practices can be traced back to the ancient Babylon religion", and that includes some Christian practices like Christmas celebration. If I may say, it is becoming more and more difficult to distinguish a Christian to a true follower of Christ.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Early Christians were actually deemed pagans by Romans for refusing to worship the Roman gods.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I have a book about ancient Babylon religion. Part of the discussion is a common symbol you will find among the religion around the world, the cross. You're observation about the cross is correct, and that the shrine will not be allowed to be tainted with other religion.

If you consider the date, why is it that the shrine is much older than Christ? The only answer I can think of is that the cross is based from the ancient religion.

Let's take for example the mother and child worship, the goddess Isis and her son Osiris. I think this is from Egypt. There are other examples of mother and child worship, but I can't remember. Now, the time came after the Roman Empire stopped persecuting followers of Christ, they adopted / declared that Christianity to be the official religion. Since most, if not all countries they conquered, practiced their own religion and other paganism, they "needed to merge" those practices with Christianity. One of them is the mother and child worship. What's the best way to "combine" their beliefs with Christianity is no other than Mary and her child Jesus.

Of course, we Catholics will never admit that we are worshipping Mary. We often argue that the adoration, statue, feasts, etc. are all but to show respect and not worship. I remember my teacher saying, "it's like a picture of your mother, you do not worship but show respect".

I do not intend to start a debate about religion, about Catholics versus Protestants. The examples I gave can be found from Britannica Encyclopedia and other sources. It is unfortunate that I don't have the capacity to give the exact reference right now.

Going back to the book, I remember one conclusion that "all religions and practices can be traced back to the ancient Babylon religion", and that includes some Christian practices like Christmas celebration. If I may say, it is becoming more and more difficult to distinguish a Christian to a true follower of Christ.
    https://youtu.be/PdsJs0UIm7s

ill help you out papi...iba kasi pag may visual examples..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    It's not that Christianity became "paganized", rather, the pagans became "Christianized". It's the Christians introducing Christianity to the pagans and not the pagans introducing paganism to Christianity.

It's only but natural people will slowly adapt to the new religion as they embrace it. There will be hybridization, a mix of old and new. Instead of Diana/Ishtar/Inanna/Isis, they named their old goddess as Mary. Instead of Saturnus/Apollo/Baal, they named their old god as Christ. Even the Apostles were not spared and they called Barnabas as Zeus and Paul as Hermes and the crowd shouted with excitement, “The gods have come down to us in human form!” Lol!

It's not also surprising why the image of Christ does not even resemble a Jewish person.

But, let us not pass judgement, rather, let us grow in research work so we can understand even more why things are the way they are.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    It's not that Christianity became "paganized", rather, the pagans became "Christianized". It's the Christians introducing Christianity to the pagans and not the pagans introducing paganism to Christianity.

It's only but natural people will slowly adapt to the new religion as they embrace it. There will be hybridization, a mix of old and new. Instead of Diana/Ishtar/Inanna/Isis, they named their old goddess as Mary. Instead of Saturnus/Apollo/Baal, they named their old god as Christ. Even the Apostles were not spared and they called Barnabas as Zeus and Paul as Hermes and the crowd shouted with excitement, “The gods have come down to us in human form!” Lol!

It's not also surprising why the image of Christ does not even resemble a Jewish person.

But, let us not pass judgement, rather, let us grow in research work so we can understand even more why things are the way they are.
    Well, the lord jesus is a semite, if we trace his lineage from abraham, his family came from UR in mesopotamia/iraq, he'll look like a modern day arab...the modern jews has no blood relation to the abraham of the bible, notice they look caucasian..

https://youtu.be/jhEtCL_zkwk

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    He will indeed look like an Arab due to the heat of the sun and the climate, since he travels a lot under the sun. But, he will still possess the typical Jewish look in accordance to the strict adherence of the Torah/Leviticus.

This is the trademark look of a typical Jew.

The Jews cut their hair short but with long sidelocks in accordance to Leviticus.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast