New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We are incapable of monitoring text messages — NTC
    (Manila Bulletin 10/20/2005 JC Bella Ruiz)

It has no capability of screening the text messages of mobile phone subscribers, dismissing rumors that with the transfer of the agency to the Department of Transportation and Communications (DoTC), the government could monitor the text messages of media personalities or even those of ordinary individuals.

The National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) yesterday said it has no capability of screening the text messages of mobile phone subscribers, dismissing rumors that with the transfer of the agency to the Department of Transportation and Communications (DoTC), the government could monitor the text messages of media personalities or even those of ordinary individuals.

NTC Domestic and International Carrier Department chief Engr. Danny Cuenca said that telecommunications companies are the ones who handle its own operations, including its services and the content they provide to their subscribers, and the government can never meddle with its operations.

Cuenca said this should put an end to the rumors speculating that text messages can now be monitored by the government with the NTC’s transfer to the DoTC. The transfer is allegedly part of a ploy of the Arroyo administration to put the country under martial law.

Opposition congressmen on Monday alleged that the government is trying to control the broadcast media following an executive order transferring the supervision and control of the NTC to the DoTC, which falls directly under Malacañang.

The NTC is the government agency that supervises the affairs of sthe telecoms sector and the broadcast media industry.

DoTC and NTC officials had vehemently denied the opposition solons’ claim.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    pero ang telecom companies kayang i-monitor contents ng txt messages? yari ka pala kapag ang misis mo dun nagtratrabaho!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung government official na gusto i-screen yung text messages, sya dapat i-assign para mag monitor ng 100(?) million text messages a day. tingnan natin kung kaya nya.