New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    mga bro & sis,

planning to acquire a water-proof p&s digital camera and the choice is between the 2 models mentioned above. . .

anybody here has used any of the 2 models? feedback naman, please

maraming salamat

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    check out sanyo xacti seems good and handy might buy one for myself as well

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Have the Olympus, but I have nothing to compare it to, since all my other shooters are DSLRs. Shooting quality is basically what you'd expect of a point-and-shoot. Nice stuff. Buy goggles, though... it's hard to shoot underwater without being able to see what you're shooting.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    salamat, niky. . .i'm concerned about the picture quality since i've never used any other brand than canon pagdating sa digicam. . .kung meron lang sanang water proof na ixus, it would have been a no brainer

* doc, correct me if i'm wrong, hindi ba video cam yung sa sanyo?
    Last edited by vito corleone; September 30th, 2008 at 05:02 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a 1030sw... it is more expensive (P23,995) than the 850sw (P17,995) pero specs for specs, i think the 1030sw was well worth the difference. Both are on zero interest promo.

a friend have 1030sw kaya naenganyo akong bumili nun...he have shots under water with very good clarity.

the "menu" functions of the 1030sw will give good settings na parang basic or idiot-dlsr techniques - like shooting on different light conditions...

i have yet to test it all....

one good thing about it is that it is thin enough unlike a dlsr... yet it SEEMS to give a good quality shot.

btw, yung binili ko had a free speedo goggles.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oh... we got the free goggles, too... forgot about that... but my wife uses them... they're too tight for me...

Clarity is very good for a point-and-shoot... I just wish it had more exposure and ISO control so you can fine tune its low-light performance... but then, point-and-shoots generally don't have those bells and whistles unless they're the more expensive and bulkier kinds... the ones that are almost as big as DSLRs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Both cameras are good, though I knew someone who reported that his Oly leaked (but it was replaced).

Picture quality is what you'll expect from a digicam.

bigbigcar.com Review: Chery QQ3 1.1 MT
    Last edited by mazdamazda; October 2nd, 2008 at 08:49 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some sample photos for the Pentax:

http://digitalphotographer.com.ph/fo...postcount=2972

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some sample photos for the Pentax:

http://digitalphotographer.com.ph/fo...postcount=2972

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    Pentax na!

water sealed digicam: pentax optio w60 or olympus myu 850sw?