New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Does anyone have one of these? I'm looking into getting a cheap one..like Proline or another cheap brand. I'm more concerened about the USB port that can play Mpeg files.

Do these also play AVI files as well?
    Do these players play mpeg files with no problems? or is it kinda picky and choosy?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have HUG DVD player....movies I download in the internet are placed in my USB, then I insert it on the player and viola, I'm watching it perfectly.... Ever since I have not bought any pirated DVDs....download lang ako nang downlaod....ala pirata....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another alternative would be to get WDTV. it upscales your AVI files to 1080p, and supports MKV files that have 1080p encoding. may USB-in to HDMI/Composite-out so it'll work on any tv.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pioneer DVD players have USB ports. Haven't tested it yet if it supports MP4. But it definitely supports MP3, AVI, and WMV.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My vote:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My vote:

WIN!!!!!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kung gusto mo DVD player,- Xtreme (last I know is HD828 Model), may upscaling din + HDMI connection and HDMI cable....

Kung gusto mo ng HD Media Player, where you can input movies thru USB connection using Flash Drive, or external HDD,- I'd choose either eGreat, Popcorn Hour or WD (Western Digital).... The first 2, you can use to download movies from the internet while WD is just a player.... There is a "low end" eGreat player that competes directly to that offered by WD, plus you can use it to download movies.... It's eGreat EG-M34A. IMO, its design is more robust than WD and the remote looks and feels a lot better. Can play movies with DTS, too......

8505:bat:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My vote:

Wow great! how much does this cost??

Thanks for the great information guys. I'm planning to get one next week after my late salary comes in.

attyallanlatras: How much did yours cost? I'm looking for something simple like that and very budget friendly..like Less than 3k actually. Something bang for the buck.

CVT: Thanks for the array of information regarding those DVD players. I'll take a look at the "low end" ones that you were discussing. Can those be found at SM? Or is there a special place to find those items?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    At that time which is about 2 years ago, around 1,500 pesos...I even noted that this player works better than branded ones in relation to pirated dvds... so bang for the buck talaga...

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    Does anyone have one of these? I'm looking into getting a cheap one..like Proline or another cheap brand. I'm more concerened about the USB port that can play Mpeg files.

Do these also play AVI files as well?
    Do these players play mpeg files with no problems? or is it kinda picky and choosy?

Thanks!
    Sir if your going to play MPEG in USB port, its not picky or choosy, it depends in the player if the files are supported. Most player plays MPEG files. But in my experience some audio of MPEG movies in USB drives are delayed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Want to buy DVD player with USB drive to play MP4 files