New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Peeps,

Just asking, we recently bought a Neo dula core lappie. Installed in it is MS Vista. 1 GB na rin RAM namin. What concerns me is that several drivers are still not present to maximize the features of the laptop. Take the case of the onboard Card Reader which has no driver on the installer. I have tried searching sa neo website pero wala ring available driver. Would you suggest that I reformat the laptop to XP na lang ? I actually admire the new look of vista and hindi naman naglalag ang laptop in terms of performance in my opinion. Your suggestions as to my keeping the Vista OS or reformatting to XP would be very highly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    MazingerZ,

Sir brand new ba ang laptop with a pre-installed Vista OS? 'Coz if it is brand new dapat the shop provided you with the necessary drivers that matched the Vista OS. Can you give more details as to what drivers are missing like network adapter, bluetooth, etc. If you know the specific hardwares of your laptop you need to search for the latest drivers at the manufacturers website. Like kung ang video card adapter is from ATI or NvDia then you have to get the drivers from their respective websites. If you can determine the manufacturer of the card reader I suggest you go to the manufacturer's website.

AFAIK, Vista is already bundled with drivers for major manufacturers of computer hardware. Kung wala naman you can go to the device manager and scan for hardware changes and vista will give you options to search the internet for the missing drivers for your hardware. HTH

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    My first question is....are you using a "licensed" Vista?

Microsoft works closely with hardware vendors. You should be able to get the drivers in Microsoft or the Vendor's website.

1GB RAM is slow sa Vista. Maybe you don't noticed now, but when you start to load applications "for Vista", you'll definitely feel the difference. I suggest you go at least 2GB, if you plan to retain Vista. Otherwise, mag XP ka na lang.

If I still have a choice sa OS para sa PC ko, I'll go back sa XP.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try installing the card reader manually. Then when it asks you to manually locate the driver, choose the default windows folder as the location. Most drivers are already built-in vista.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I just bought an Acer laptop with 1 GB RAM and installed Vista Home (licensed). I also installed all the drivers. So far, I haven't encountered any problem yet.

:beer: [SIZE="1"]3414[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HIFI View Post

If I still have a choice sa OS para sa PC ko, I'll go back sa XP.
    same with me here. i have pre-installed vista on my hp pavillion dv2500t, with 2gb ram. i tried installing xp kaya lng di pwede at daming kelangan driver.

Kung pwede mag Xp ka na lang. medyo alanganin nga yung 1 gb ram mo sa Vista especially kung marami kang applications na i-install later on.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Peeps,

Just asking, we recently bought a Neo dula core lappie. Installed in it is MS Vista. 1 GB na rin RAM namin. What concerns me is that several drivers are still not present to maximize the features of the laptop. Take the case of the onboard Card Reader which has no driver on the installer. I have tried searching sa neo website pero wala ring available driver. Would you suggest that I reformat the laptop to XP na lang ? I actually admire the new look of vista and hindi naman naglalag ang laptop in terms of performance in my opinion. Your suggestions as to my keeping the Vista OS or reformatting to XP would be very highly appreciated.
    It's the vendor's responsibility to ensure it have all the required Vista drivers. I bought my Toshiba last September and all its drivers were already complete. If the vendor can't ensure having the Vista drivers, then they should be the ones to take Vista out and preinstall XP for you.

As for the card reader, I'm assuming it's an SD card reader. My Toshiba has one too**. However, it required my SD card being LOCKED before it can be recognized.

** Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated Flashmedia Controller in Device Manager
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 2nd, 2008 at 06:04 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Dapat nung binili mo yung laptop mo... merong included na bundled CD's with Drivers, OS as backup... so if in case there's something wrong with your lappie... you can just remove the driver and re-install it using your back up CD's...

Im using Dell Inspiron 6400 with Vista without any problems encountered... so far so good... ako na rin ang nag upgrade ng RAM... dati 512mb,,, dinagdagan ko lang ng 1gb and works smoothly...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Kaya nga ba balak ko na mag ubuntu na lang sa next upgrade eh ...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    There were bundled CDs (vista drivers, xp drivers, nero burning tools) which came with the laptop. And yes, the vista OS is licensed. I'll buy another ram chip na lang over the weekend (1 gb again). This is my first time to own a laptop, previously I was the one who assembled my pcs kaya takot akong magbutingting kasi Im not familiar with its board and setup. And medyo mahal kasi e, Unlike sa desktop na very familiar na ako (at nabubuhay ako dati sa pirated cds hehehe). Regarding drivers, wala sa cd na dala. Try ko mamya uli pag uwi sa bahay. Thanks for your replies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vista problem