New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    [SIZE=3]having problems with my vista update, the error [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Code 80072F8F, apprears when vista tries to update itsself.

i searched for a solution over the net and found out that its with the clock sync of my laptop and the windows servers' clock. problem is my time and date setting are the correct local time it still won't update.

widows vista came preloaded when i bought my laptop, it's OEM. anybody experienced this problem too?
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by impulzz; February 23rd, 2009 at 02:00 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    [SIZE=3]having problems with my vista update, the error [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Code 80072F8F, apprears when vista tries to update itsself.

i searched for a solution over the net and found out that its with the clock sync of my laptop and the windows servers' clock. problem is my time and date setting are the correct local time it still won't update.

widows vista came preloaded when i bought my laptop, it's OEM. anybody experienced this problem too?
    [/SIZE]
    Are the Windows time and BIOS time the same? Beyond that, I'm not sure.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yup they are the same.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Did you do the other steps, other than verifying your time and date being correct?

Windows Update error 80072f8f

Applies to all editions of Windows Vista.
    Which edition of Windows Vista am I using?

If you receive Windows Update error 80072f8f while checking for updates, your computer's date and time might not be the same as the date and time for the online Windows Update service. Your computer and the service don't need to have an identical date and time, but if they vary too much it will prevent you from checking for updates. The following steps are the most common solutions for this error code. For more advanced troubleshooting information, go to this Knowledge Base article on the Microsoft Help and Support website.
    To change your computer's date and time

1. Open Date and Time by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Date and Time.
    2. On the Date and Time tab, make sure that your computer's date and time are correct. If they're not, click Change date and time. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do the following:
    •To change the date, under Date, click the left or right arrows to find the current month in the calendar, and then click the current date.
    •To change the time, under Time, double-click the hour, minutes, or seconds that you want to change, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.
    4. When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.
    NoteIf your time zone observes daylight saving time and you want your computer's clock to be adjusted automatically when daylight saving time changes, on the Date and Time tab, click Change time zone, and then make sure that the Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time check box is selected.To synchronize your computer's clock with an Internet time server

When you synchronize your computer's clock with an Internet time server, the clock on your computer is updated to match the clock on the time server. This helps make sure that the clock on your computer is always accurate. Your computer's clock is typically synchronized with the Internet time server once a week but your computer must be connected to the Internet for the synchronization to occur.
    NoteIf your computer is on a domain, you can't synchronize your clock with an Internet time server. Instead, you need to change your computer's date and time manually. To do this, follow the steps under "To change your computer's date and time" above.
    If your computer is not on a domain, follow the steps below to synchronize your computer's clock with an Internet time server.1. Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Clock, Language, and Region, and then click Date and Time.
    2. Click the Internet Time tab, and then click Change settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Click Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server, select a time server, and then click OK.

If the problem persists after you take these steps, go to the Windows Update Support Center website to try to find more information about the error code or to request support by e‑mail.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yup i did the whole process as listed by the windows help site. no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Did you do the other steps, other than verifying your time and date being correct?

vista Code 80072F8F