New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I copied my DVD discs to my harddrive, when I try to play them via Windows media player, walang sound video lang, unless na yung disc mismo ang iplay ko sa DVD drive bago lang magkakasound.

Anong video player (software) ang marerecommend ninyo para maplay ko yung mga dvd files ko sa windows. preferably shareware or freeware sana.

Tenk u.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    update mo windows media player or download codecs from free codecs. or try vlc player..that is one solution i could think of...check mo rin control panel sa sounds and devices kung me diperensiya.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    VLC din ang gamit ko...

btw anong ang format ng dvd movie? .avi ba?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Try DivX v.6.6 (http://www.divx.com). Free player and may kasama na Video Codecs.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    dvd files are .vob

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    can VLC play .vob and divx files?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    alam ko vlc kaya lahat ng video files except for rm and matroska files

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and what are those rm and matroska files?

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    real media ang matroska are types of video files lot smaller insize than ordinary files like divx, xvid,.dvd..etc..,lot less inquality but very good when you dont want to download *******s with big sizes

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel View Post
    I copied my DVD discs to my harddrive, when I try to play them via Windows media player, walang sound video lang, unless na yung disc mismo ang iplay ko sa DVD drive bago lang magkakasound.

Anong video player (software) ang marerecommend ninyo para maplay ko yung mga dvd files ko sa windows. preferably shareware or freeware sana.

Tenk u.
    If you copy the folders from a commercial dvd to a hard drive and try to play it using a software player, the quality should be really crappy.

The only way you'd get a good quality playback is if the dvd was unprotected to start with or you used a ripping program such as DVD Shrink which creates new unprotected audio_ts and video_ts folders on the hard drive.

Assuming it's the latter and you don't have sound, you can first make sure WMP is using Directsound for both playback and DVD audio or at least make sure they match.

If they're fine, then it's a codec issue which may or may not be fixable.

I tried WMP11, VLC, the original Windows Media Player, ASUS PowerDVD, and WinAmp. All except WMP11 played fine the .vob file in the unprotected DVD Shrink folders. None were able to play the .vob file in dvd folders copied straight from a protected dvd.

I rather convert a .vob file to a different format that WMP can read such as .wmv files

Of course, this is assuming the threadstarter actually copied the original dvd folders or made a rip (not a conversion to a different file format) and is working with audio_ts/video_ts folders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Video player for Windows