New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    nakita ko sa website ng sony na meron sila video cam na less than 20K or something around that price range. ok kaya ito? affected ba ito nung problems ng sony cameras.

gusto kasi namin bumili ng video cam for general use lang. no need for hi-tech features etc. pero syempre dapat yung ndi naman masisira agad.

may ibang brands ba na competitive ang price with sony?

any advise or comments appreciated!

tnx!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka naman video 8 pa yan ?

atleast get the miniDV

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The last time na pumunta kami sa Metrowalk mga last week, they were having an appliance sale there, mostly Sony products (flat TVs, components, even Walkman mp3 players). I don't know if it's still there.

I saw a MiniDV Sony Handycam, DCR-HC28, retailing for around 12k lang (mall price is 25k). Kaya lang medyo duda kami na smuggled yun kaya mura.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; April 30th, 2007 at 01:41 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    baka naman video 8 pa yan ?

atleast get the miniDV

yung iba video 8. for as low as 9K meron ka na.

yung miniDv from 17K to 25K meron din.

can't afford pa pag yung tipong DVD or HDD type na video cam.

ndi naman siguro smuggled ito kasi sony phils mismo nag post sa online catalogue nila.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    buhayin ko lang itong thread na ito.

ano palagay niyo mas ok na bilihin: for home use lang yung camcorder.

1) sony DCR-HC38

2) canon ZR 830

3) panasonic PV-GS85

All are priced the same at 23K (canon with ipod shuffle 1 GB for additional 2K)

All miniDV

All with USB terminal (can this be used to transfer video to PC by playing the miniDv and capturing the vid to the PC)

Sony and canon with CCD lens

ano ba dapat dun sa mga specs and features ang dapat icompare? can you suggest at most 5 features to easily compare camcorders.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I suggest comparing them based on the following:

1. Zoom capability
    2. Battery life
    3. Startup time
    4. General ease of use
    5. Price

Don't rely on USB alone for transferring videos to your computer. Sooooooobraaaaaaaaaaaaaang baaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaal. Get a camcorder which uses the IEEE 1394 protocol (FireWire/i.Link).

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    those criteria /specs should be easy to compare.

paano malalaman yung specs nung USB? yung IEEE---- na sinasabi mo? ndi kaya sa mga high end models ito?

kung sobrang bagal yung standard USB ng camcorders, mas ok ba na yung walgn USB na lang ang kunin ko then bili ng card to transfer the video to the PC. what do you think?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I haven't tried transferring video from a camcorder to a computer via memory cards, but I'm guessing that there might be a difference in video quality compared to a miniDV source.

It's either USB 1.1 or USB 2.0, although it's safe to say that practically all camcorders today use the USB 2.0 standard. However, mas mabilis pa rin ang IEEE 1394. Many computers intended for home or professional audio/video use have built-in FireWire ports (including all Apple, Sony laptop computers and most Dell and HP models currently produced). It is also widely available on retail motherboards for do-it-yourself PCs, alongside USB.

My mom has a Sony Handycam DCR-HC28. It's not really a high-end camcorder compared with today's models, pero it comes with both USB and IEEE 1394 interfaces as standard. We just had to buy the Sony i.Link cable separately (alternately, it might work with a generic 4-pin Firewire cable, mas makakamura ka pa). Of course, this is assuming that your computer has an IEEE 1394 port (4-pin for laptops, 6-pin for desktops). Kung desktop ang gagamitin mo, all you need is a 4-pin to 6-pin IEEE 1394 cable.

One other advantage of using the IEEE 1394 standard is, it allows you to remotely operate your camcorder's functions (play, rewind, fast forward) from your computer, habang nagta-transfer ka ng video.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 17th, 2007 at 02:56 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ah ok. so i think i wont have any problem with the camcorder with regards to the speed of the USB.

my concern now is my old but still reliable compaq evo n410. pentium 3 lang kasi but with lots of USB ports.

thanks!

BTW, how is ur mom's sony video cam performing? my target camcorder is almost similar to hers.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ok naman ang performance niya, for home video use lang naman. My only real gripe is the operational time of the included battery; even my sister complains that's it's only good for one hour's worth of recording.

You can either buy a larger capacity battery separately, or implement energy-saving measures while you're using the camcorder i.e. plug in the camera sa outlet for indoor shooting, use the optical viewfinder instead of the LCD screen when composing your shots, etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Video camera less than 20K