New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    may gigabit lan na? saan may pherips na ganun?

10/100mbps parin system ko dito, want something faster...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    many mobos have integrated gigabit lan na, i think kelangan mo lang gigabit router solb kana.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    2 Types of Cables lang naman ang kailangan mo either straight or crossover cables... Just follow the instructions ng mga posters dito tama po lahat color coding nila.

Straight cables are used to connect PCs to hubs/routers/wall mounted LAN connectors. Crossover cables are often used for PC to PC connection, used also before to connect older models of stackable hubs with each other (I mean hub to hub through their MDI/MDIX port). Newer Switch Hubs can auto-detect if you're using crossover or straight, so no matter what kind of cable you use there's no problem.

About the wall mount to wall mount connections, you don't need crimping here. Most of the wall mount connectors has color legends printed on the module where you slide the wires in, my tip would be to follow the legend and do the same with the rest of the wall mounts.

• PC to PC = Crossover Cable
    • PC to Hub/Router = Straight Cable
    • PC to Wall Mounted Connector = Straight Cable
    • Wall Mount to Hub/Router = Straight Cable
    • Hub to router = Straight Cable
    • Hub to Hub = Depends on the model, if old model connect them using a crossover cable through their MDX/MDIX ports. Newer models you can connect them using either crossover or straight on any of their ports.

Hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    many mobos have integrated gigabit lan na, i think kelangan mo lang gigabit router solb kana.
    yep! sarap ng gigabit lalo na sa network games! router saka NIC lang ok na!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteJack View Post
    2 Types of Cables lang naman ang kailangan mo either straight or crossover cables... Just follow the instructions ng mga posters dito tama po lahat color coding nila.

Straight cables are used to connect PCs to hubs/routers/wall mounted LAN connectors. Crossover cables are often used for PC to PC connection, used also before to connect older models of stackable hubs with each other (I mean hub to hub through their MDI/MDIX port). Newer Switch Hubs can auto-detect if you're using crossover or straight, so no matter what kind of cable you use there's no problem.

About the wall mount to wall mount connections, you don't need crimping here. Most of the wall mount connectors has color legends printed on the module where you slide the wires in, my tip would be to follow the legend and do the same with the rest of the wall mounts.

• PC to PC = Crossover Cable
    • PC to Hub/Router = Straight Cable
    • PC to Wall Mounted Connector = Straight Cable
    • Wall Mount to Hub/Router = Straight Cable
    • Hub to router = Straight Cable
    • Hub to Hub = Depends on the model, if old model connect them using a crossover cable through their MDX/MDIX ports. Newer models you can connect them using either crossover or straight on any of their ports.

Hope this helps.
    +1 on this! hindi na ginagamit crossover ngayon unless pc to pc connection. bili ka na ng cable checker. importante yan lalo na kung balak mo hidden yun wires. grabe! nakakabwisit mag-trace pag sala-salabat na yun mga wires mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lagyan mo na din ng matindi tinding palatandaan mga wires at wall plugs mo ehehe, usually pag madami nang cables na sala-salabat, dun na lumalabas problem, dapat ata mejo OC ka pag naga ayos ng cables wehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
UTP/LAN cable crimping...