New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    laptops with preinstalled windows xp have a serial number printed on a sticker located at the bottom of the device. is it possible to use this serial on other computers and will the computer pass the wga check for updates and such?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    laptops with preinstalled windows xp have a serial number printed on a sticker located at the bottom of the device. is it possible to use this serial on other computers and will the computer pass the wga check for updates and such?
    No. If the laptop already had its serial number registered online, next PC will fail to pass the online check. Basically, one serial number, one PC.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    possibly no kung ipaparegister mo....uubra lang yan if you don't register any of those or kung ikaw ang naunang nagregister.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I've tried mine on my two other laptops, gumana at ok naman ang online validation. Both can also do windows update.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ako din ok lang, nagamit ko na sa multiple pc's. basta yata ang importante gamitin mo yung product code na kasama nung cd. kung gagamit ka yata ng kopya na cd tapos kahit anong product code lang nde yata gagana

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    mannyx, what exactly did you do? did you use a pirated version of windows for the other laptops using the same serial key?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Using XP s/n on multiple PC will work. Here in the company I work, we are using the same XP s/n on differenr laptop issued to new employee and we dont encounter any issue. All of use ca also access inernet at the same time.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    ^ Your company could be using Enterprise Edition of XP which caters to multiple users using only one installer/serial number.

But it has a limit depende sa number of license your company purchased. And yes, Microsoft will validate your version upon getting updates from them, from there naka-count na yung license nun.

Sa mga individuals, you cannot install multiple PC using 1 license key. But then marami na magaling ngayon on how to do this.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to those you did use same key... I am right to say that you did not register it sa MS site registration?

Ang alam ko kasi hanga't hindi pa registered sa kanila, the check for validity is not strict.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I was able to install mine on 2 desktops and 2 laptops. All 4 validated and are able to receive Windows updates. Sa 5th hindi na puedeng i-validate. Mine is XP Home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
using xp serial number on multiple pcs