New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    afaik LG made one like this, but it didn't seem to have clicked in the market...

Is there a way to tether a cheap dumb/smart phone to a much more expensive smartphone/tablet, such that it acts like an extension phone? i know smart watches and some bluetooth headsets can do this, but both are a bit inconvenient when you need to send out an SMS/email/IM.

Medyo nakaka ilang kasi for me to pull out your smartphone in certain areas(palengke, on the bus, etc); the idea is to use the extension phone when you are in less-than-ideal locations, then use your main phone in the office/at home.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    none i can think off... parang di ubra eh.... first, a mobile phone uses the SIM card to acquire signals.... kung BT to BT, parang di ubra.....

and there are el-cheapo watches that have their own SIM.... i think i saw one sa olx. pwede mo din gamitin yun.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

none i can think off... parang di ubra eh.... first, a mobile phone uses the SIM card to acquire signals.... kung BT to BT, parang di ubra.....

and there are el-cheapo watches that have their own SIM.... i think i saw one sa olx. pwede mo din gamitin yun.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede sa mga ios devices yan. calling and texting through another ios device. pero hindi mo rin mailalabas yung ios device mo sa palengke.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Naglabas dati yung cherry mobile ng accessory that does what you describe.

Here's a review:

Cherry Mobile P1 Mini Review | NoypiGeeks | Philippines' Technology News, Reviews, and How to's

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Naglabas dati yung cherry mobile ng accessory that does what you describe.

Here's a review:

Cherry Mobile P1 Mini Review | NoypiGeeks | Philippines' Technology News, Reviews, and How to's
    ayun. meron palang devices na ganyan....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    imho...good idea, bad execution :p

Still, will look for this later. Thanks ^_^

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Yup. Cherry p1. Ok sya. Nakakacall and text yan. May sim slot pa. Kaya pwede mo lagyan ng other sim + smart phone na sim. May flaw lang ng konti. Di makita contacts mo sa message. Puro unknown number ang messages mo. Pero pag call nakikita naman pangalan

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I have a Chery P1, pairs well with my Note4. That's what I use kapag nasa mataong lugar ako at di masyado safe maglabas ng smart phone.