New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MGA peeps...

Gusto ko sana magassemble ng PC, tagal na ako walang PC so wala na ako alam kung ano ok...

Ayoko ng bago kasi i dont need the processing power, eto lang ang gagamitin ko for it.

- web cam (to see my boy sa bahay) syempre sabay na cable/dsl dyan if ever
    - cd burning for video (mga dinadownload sa kazaa heheh)
    - possibly pinnacle video editing hardware/software bundle
    - tadtad photoshop
    - flash/director
    - XP OS

ano hardware kailangan ko na more than enough?

I'm pretty sure kaya ng P3 at 512ram and above, but I dont know about the videocard, soundcard na OK, etc

Not into PC gaming as much, so di kailangan "doom-able" ang spec hehe.

Mga 15K lang siguro budget (apart from yung mga webcam and stuff na nakalist sa taas)

Salamat...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: may mga "junk" laptops kami dito sa rig, itatapon na sa dagat. compaq 330cdt yata. nare-repair pa ba yun? specifically, wala na hard drive/power supply,network card? or talagang obsolete na? balak ko sana iuwi pwede na pang-email ni misis. saka webcam para kita ko baby ko.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want to do photo editting, getting the fastest PC you can get your hands on would be a big help.

Personally, I suggest getting a 1ghz or faster processor.

As for where, you might try asking the higher end gaming shops if they are selling any of their used PCs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, video editting takes a lot of CPU and video card power... so you might need a DOOM3 spec PC. :D

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Last edited by jeff; August 27th, 2004 at 09:09 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    for 15K, pwede na brandnew AMD athlon processor dyan and at least 1Ghz para sa windows XP and 256MB memory..

don't get the P3, mahal na sa 15K yun..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Puntahan mo PC Express sa Sheridan. Marami silang pre-owned PC nakadisplay duon, nasa price range mo. Tiningnan ko dati, decent naman. Tanong mo kung may warranty.

Subok mo na rin www.tipidpc.com pero ingat lang kung bibili ka from a stranger.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually for 15K its possible to get a Athlon XP 1800 with 256megs ram and a GF4 video card and HDD.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    well, as ghosthunter said, u need a powerful CPU, lots of RAM and a bigger Hard Drive for video editing...

before buying a PC set, consider first your budget. Since you said that your budget is 15 thou, most probably your rig should be AMD based PC. Intel CPUs are pretty expensive for a 15 thou budget.

Motherboard:
    well for me, the first important component to choose is the Motherboard and the chipset that goes with it. A powerful CPU will not be as powerful if the motherboard is not good. Worse, a bad one is not stable. For now, the best budget chipset that I can think of is Nforce 2 Ultra, KT400 or the KT600 chipsets. Any brand (ECS, ASUS, MSI, Epox etc...) of a budget motherboard is good as long as the chipsets i mentioned is featured in the motherboard.

CPU:
    AMD XP CPUs are your best bet for budget PCs.

Memory:
    at least 512 megabytes. pero video editing needs at least 1 gigabyte RAM. but 512 megabyte will do just fine. Any brand of memory will do.

Hard Drive:

Seagate or Maxtor. If your budget still permits, try buying with 7200 rpm hard drives.

CD ReWriter:

Lite-On, or Sony, Samsung, LG brands are good. Don't buy ASUS CD ReWriters. I've heard people with horrible experiences with ASUS CD ReWriters.

Video Card:
    Geforce 4 MX cards are the usuall budget Video Cards out there. If budget permits, Geforce FX is the best choice. Or, you can buy Radeon based Vid Card. For the Geforce based cards, there are brands like Inno3d & Sparkle for the budget minded. For the Radeon based cards, there brands like Powercolor or Gecube brands for the budget minded.

Sound Card:
    Since your budget is very limited, you could stick to the on-board soundcard found in your motherboard. You could hook 4 or 5 satellite speakers and a sub-woofer in your built-in soundcard. What I did is I put the satellite speakers to the corners of my room preferably in the ceiling, making my bedroom into a surround movie theater.

Where to buy/assemble:
    PC Express, Rising Sun, PC evotech.

hope this helps.........

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Heto ang suggestion ko sa specs na require mo.

1.) AMD XP 1.3GHz (minimum)
    2.) 512MB RAM is good enough for video-editing
    3.) U need a good graphic card with 128MB RAM - this is more important for video-rendering.
    4.) Lots-n-lots of diskspace, get at least 80GB HDD.
    5.) Snazzi VCD creator or get a DVD version (quite expensive though).

I have the same specs that I use fr my video-editing and DVD burning.

Hope it helps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Used PC