New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I found this funny article over at Tom's Hardware.

USB is Satan; Bluetooth is Jesus Christ
    [SIZE="1"]5:20 PM - November 18, 2010 - By Kevin Parrish - Source : Tom's Guide US[/SIZE]

One group in Brazil is banning followers from using USB devices because based on the symbol design.

Is the USB symbol really the mark of the devil? One group in Brazil thinks so, claiming that the circle, triangle and square connected to an even larger circle diagram resembles a trident used to torture souls down south.

Let's be honest here: the USB symbol does have some resemblance to a trident, featuring three prongs and at least one sharp tip. We're not talking about the current logo consisting of the plug and "Certified USB" label, but rather the symbol clearly marked on the actual connectors. Do a search on the internet, and it's referenced as the USB "trident" symbol.

While it's origin was hard to locate, one suggestion is that the artist based the layout on Neptune's Trident. The three shapes represent three unique devices that can connect to one central destination without the need to reboot--unlike the old-school serial and parallel ports. Could it have been designed using a less sinister layout? Perhaps.

As for the Brazilian group claiming the symbol represents Satan, they're forbidding followers from using any type of USB-dependent device including flash drives, mice and keyboards. According to a report from the Guardian, peripherals must use "common connections." The use of any type of USB device is deemed as worshiping the devil.

On a positive note, the group approves the use of Bluetooth because Jesus Christ had blue eyes.
    Source: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/USB-blue...news-8908.html

My desktop has 8 USB2 ports, and no Bluetooth. I'm going to hell!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    some people are just too crazy. lol.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It looks like a trident, alright.

But only the middle one has an arrow tip on it. The two outer ones have normal circuit termination....

11.3K:snow:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it's like those people who believe barcodes are evil

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kawawa naman sila ... paano sila gagamit ng portable HDD?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    One word.

IDI*TS.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    This make's my day and made me smile thanks guys, it is always fun for me to know about other things.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Resulta ng mga walang magawa sa buhay. Kung anu-ano naiisip.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    basta whenever you insert your USB, make a sign of the cross or whisper a prayer, and it might be ok

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    basta whenever you insert your USB, make a sign of the cross or whisper a prayer, and it might be ok
    pwede din mag sacrifice ng isang live chicken everytime gagamit ng USB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
USB is Satan; Bluetooth is Jesus Christ