New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually, Canon digital cameras are overpriced in the Philippines. You can go to USA, Hong Kong or even in Singapore and find the prices much lower. Even online stores are selling those cameras much cheaper, as much as 40% lower than what is found locally.

Solution, buy it abroad.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    kung out of warranty na better buy a new one. yung unit ko dati dinala ko sa canon marvin plaza due to a model recall, pinalitan naman nila ng bago with higher MP and adjustable view finder. ok naman ang canon siguro napuruhan lang talaga yung unit mo ng tubig. so far yung replacement nila sa akin wala naman problema.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Actually, Canon digital cameras are overpriced in the Philippines. You can go to USA, Hong Kong or even in Singapore and find the prices much lower. Even online stores are selling those cameras much cheaper, as much as 40% lower than what is found locally.

Solution, buy it abroad.
    I recently got a canon camera from best buy sa u.s. I found out later (at least with the model I bought) that the ones being sold online here are more expensive by only around 15%, but some of the items come with local warranty.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    I recently got a canon camera from best buy sa u.s. I found out later (at least with the model I bought) that the ones being sold online here are more expensive by only around 15%, but some of the items come with local warranty.
    Depends on the "timing" and if that particular model is already old or new.

Back when I bought my Canon digcam, it was being sold for around P13K but abroad it was only P9K.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just buy a new one and a waterproof camera bag. Kahit yung Lock & Lock na baunan pwede yun e para kahit tumalon ka sa tubig, ok lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Best suggestion: buy one of those waterproof and shockproof models. My sis-in-law has one and she even took it underwater to shoot some pictures.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check out the Olympus waterproof camera models. I owned one before. Thought the images weren't that good, but it does have water and shock proof protection. I went snorkelling with it and accidentally dropped the cam from my pocket to the concrete floor. It just received a small 'ding' on the body, w/c is not so obvious.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Digital cameras are electronic items with glass parts unlike the film cameras which were largely mechanical. Any circuit board that gets wet is not easily repairable some of the circuits will experience a short circuit as water is a conductor.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

Solution, buy it abroad.
    Actually, it's cheapest at Quiapo and with local warranty.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    bili ka na lng ng bago, bro. . .personally, i have preference for the canon brand (my digi cam, dvd handy cam, printer, scanner are all canon ) because of the quality and their after-sales service. . .

this case is not a bad after-sales service, electronic gadgets are more like disposable items nowadays. . .other electronic gadget makers may have the same policy, too. . .

take their advice, get a waterproof olympus or pentax. . .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Upset with Canon Service Center