New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ang cut-off grade ata sa UPdiliman is 2.0? kasi ako nun nakapasa sa UPLB pero hindi sa diliman...gud luck and GOd bless sayo!!!kaya mo yan...lam ko basic lang naman eh...meron nga lang kasi sila tagalog sa mga math and science questions kaya nahirapan ako...kung may relative ka studying in UP makakatulong din ata sa application mo...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I dint pass upcat :D

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego4x2
    Choose a non-quota course first if you feel you are not confident in getting a high score in the exam. (Try finding a course that is related to course you are vying for.) In this way, even if you have an average score, you may still make it inside UP. Once inside, focus on the GE (General Electives) subjects to get high grades and get the average you need to shift to the course you absulutely want. Believe me, 2 years of GE can be enlightening. You may realize that the course you really want prior to taking UPCAT is not really for you. Anyway, everyone, no matter what course you are in, will take 2 years worth of GE.

As for the actual test, just relax and focus on the question not the answer. If you are uncertain of one questing, move on to the next. Answer the questions that you know first then skip the once you are unsure of. Once you reach the end of the section, start over and go back to the ones you skipped. Do not waste time pondering on a question if you don't know the answer.
    Good advice. I was lucky and made the cut-off for my quota course, only to find out that it (actually, my college) didn't suit me. Pick something that's non-quota, get good grades in GE, then take a close look at the College you want to go to, and the quality of the classes, teachers, and social life there. If any of those factors is not to your liking, it will negatively affect your chance to become one of the rarest things in UP...

a non-repeater.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di rin ako pumasa sa UPCAT. right minus 1.5 wrong pa rin ba?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksie
    nakupow nanghina ako after ng exam nakakadrain sobra bumabagyo pa ako nag exam. Buti nalang may talent test dun ako nakapasa haha
    OT: You from Fine Arts, quiksie?

OnT: I don't know exactly how i passed the UPCAT, but i do remember playing pingpong before the test, because our female batchmates hogged all the review materials. Best to come relaxed and fresh. Trying to overload on info that most probably won't appear in the exam anyway will just wear you out. Hehe.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    thanks for the tips guys. it really helps.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    during my time, we didn't have review classes either. stock knowledge lang talaga. i got the morning session pa so i had to wake up very early, and i hated that hehehe pag labas ko, hilong-hilo ako.

but don't worry. just relax, get a good night sleep before. if the exam is still right minus wrong, don't spend too much time on a question, go back to it after you've answered the rest of the section.

follow instructions carefully! you don't want to fail on the account of not following the instructions hehehe

i hoped you picked a non-quota course. mahirap pumasa sa UP pero pag nasa loob ka na, mahirap din ma-kick out. not unless grabe yung ginawa mong offense. if you don't like your course or you're flunking all around, just transfer colleges hehehe

good luck!!

8. Jj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    Itook the UPCAT last year... well The questions in Math and science are written in english and tagalog... The grading is also right minus wrong... so Don't guess any of the questions if you don't know the answer, don't answer the questions, since this will bring your grade down...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    yup cumbersome

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    .. try to find out where you're taking your exam .. ako kasi wrong building napasukan ko ..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
upcat.