The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    any tips??? :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bwahaha good luck

wala ka nang magagawa, really. it's too late to try to expand your vocabulary or cram trigonometry and algebra and geometry and stuff. just take a deep breath and have at it hehe.

although when i took it in 2000, the upcat was quite easy compared to other entrance tests (no trig, generally hanggang 2nd-year HS level matter lang). although that probably made admission much more difficult kasi mas malalapit yung scores ng mga applicants hehe.

don't know about now though, good luck! :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    upcat? goodluck nga. hehe when i took the exam, i met a pretty nice girl na katabi ko..even offered me her pringles...hahaha let's just say i concentrated on other things but the upcat itself.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    i don't have a problem with math. kailangan lang ng onting review. hahaha :P

does anyone know the UPG cut-off for UP diliman?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    goodluck na lg bro! d ako nakapasa dyan :P

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    goodluck. math, science, communication dapat mong aralin maigi diyan, though di naman ako nagtake ng exam last three years.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    -review math/english/sci. (okay, di ko nasunod yun. sa review classes namin sa school every saturday before upcat, we just attended them para maka-SM kasi nasa labas lang SM north edsa).

-don't eat a very heavy meal. aantukin ka.

-don't linger too long on one question.

pero ewan ko how i passed the upcat and acet. heheheheheh. nakatulog pa nga ako sa math exam ng acet eh.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    nakupow nanghina ako after ng exam nakakadrain sobra bumabagyo pa ako nag exam. Buti nalang may talent test dun ako nakapasa haha

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    buti nga ngayon may mga review classes na. during our time, walang review classes. stock knowledge lang talaga from your 4 years in HS. only about 10 of us from our high school made it. ayoko ng sabihin kong kailan ako nag graduate sa UP Dil at baka mabuking pa ang edad natin, hehehehe

from what i know, UP Dil is the hardest to get in, then UPLB, then UP Visayas. it also depends on your course if quota course or non quota course

if you want to increase your chances of admission, then select the non quota course. you can always shift later pag nasa loob ka na

i guess psychological lang lahat yan. get a good nights rest, eat properly and be mentally prepared

good luck bro. kaya mo yan!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Choose a non-quota course first if you feel you are not confident in getting a high score in the exam. (Try finding a course that is related to course you are vying for.) In this way, even if you have an average score, you may still make it inside UP. Once inside, focus on the GE (General Electives) subjects to get high grades and get the average you need to shift to the course you absulutely want. Believe me, 2 years of GE can be enlightening. You may realize that the course you really want prior to taking UPCAT is not really for you. Anyway, everyone, no matter what course you are in, will take 2 years worth of GE.

As for the actual test, just relax and focus on the question not the answer. If you are uncertain of one questing, move on to the next. Answer the questions that you know first then skip the once you are unsure of. Once you reach the end of the section, start over and go back to the ones you skipped. Do not waste time pondering on a question if you don't know the answer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
upcat.