New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    bumping this thread up...

hello again... thanks for the advice and i was able to have some free time this week to check my pc.

i cleaned every heatsink but still it was unstable. i still get restarts and errors.

i did run memtest yesterday and boy, i got 193++ errors. i shut it down because i was getting sleepy.

so what i did this morning is to identify what ram stick has errors. so i pulled out one stick and tried to reboot. i got a blank screen. i checked the connections, it was ok. i replaced the monitor, and still i get the blank screen. i pulled out the video card and reinserted it, still the blank screen. i left it open to see if linux would load, deng.. the hdd light wasn't blinking at all. i pressed the num lock, caps lock and scroll lock buttons, they weren't lighting up.. it didn't make any error beeping sounds...

i will try later this afternoon kung ano mangyayari, baka sinusumpong lang...
    I had a similar problem with two Via KT-266A motherboards (a Soyo and an Abit). I'd suspect either the PSU or video card assuming the cpu/cpu fan are getting power. To really know, you need to have a spare PSU and video card or a spare pc to test those components.

You can try re-setting the bios although I'm not sure if it'll help. I hope you have your motherboard manual still. You can also try disconnecting everything, including power cables and even removing the motherboard from the case to eliminate the possibility of the board in contact with the metal case surface.

I'm not too optimistic though. Both of my KT-266A mobos had the same problem and were really DOA. Haven't bought a Via mobo since.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sir Jun,

Thanks for the reply. I have traced the problem and it seems that one stick of RAM is bad (128MB). I am currently running only on 64MB of RAM. I am going to confirm it using memtest again tomorrow because the plug for my keyboard snapped in the process.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    upgrade and add a 256Mb RAM (assuming its SDRAM)! May premium ang bagong SDRAM ngayon 2,500 pero well worth the upgrade!

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^Old parts are more expensive than new parts bec. of supply and demand factors. That's why for me, when new technologies (ie. DDR2, PCI express) becomes more affordable after going mainstream then its time for me to upgrade and sell my old stuff before it fails on me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    ^Old parts are more expensive than new parts bec. of supply and demand factors. That's why for me, when new technologies (ie. DDR2, PCI express) becomes more affordable after going mainstream then its time for me to upgrade and sell my old stuff before it fails on me.
    Yeah. Anyway I was able to see 256MB SDRAM modules that sell for P1250. It's generic though.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    try mo sa buy and sell

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I was talking about a Twinmos 256Mb SDRAM with 3-year / Lifetime warranty kaya 2,500 presyo.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    I was talking about a Twinmos 256Mb SDRAM with 3-year / Lifetime warranty kaya 2,500 presyo.
    oh i see

may nakita akong kaibigan na magbebenta ng di na nagagamit na SDRAM. 256MB SDRAM. he is selling it to me for a friendly price

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try nyo maghanap sa tipidpc.com, dun ako nakakuha additional mem for our ibm laptop, ngayon tumulin tulin na sya hehehe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Unstable PC