New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    US ready to 'hand over' the internet's naming system - BBC News

But because it’s entirely a U.S. government proposition with U.S. people involved, the Internet has been free and open. If, as the Administration wants to do, it’s transferred to an international body, I will predict right here: within 10 years it will come under the control of the United Nations, and the Internet as we know it will end because there are governments around the world that are already doing everything they can to prevent a free and open Internet in their countries, and it will extend to ours in due course.

What they’re talking about is succumbing to the demands of foreign governments and foreign interests who say, in what is effectively a global means of communication, it’s just wrong to have the United States in charge of it.

But the fact is, under American control, it’s had remarkable growth. It’s been kept free. It’s been able to withstand a lot of pressure to try and set rules that favor one side or another. And in an international environment, I can tell you from my own experience, when you get all kinds of governments from all over the world setting standards and making decisions, it will be far less free than it is now.

And I don’t think the particular kind of transfer we’re talking about now is the end of the game. This is a black-and-white, binary choice: it’s either under American control, or it’s not. And once we let go of it, we are never getting it back.
    -John Bolton
    Last edited by safeorigin; September 30th, 2016 at 12:18 AM.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Fukc the muslm biased funded UN.. start with fukme-moon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I imagine that Duterte will be pleased with the transfer.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?