New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I know there are several sites that will deal on this topic but I do not know whom I can trust. I'm not an IT person so, I only one some simple tweaks to have my vista run faster and smoother, which OS is pre-installed on my mini laptop

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    IMO, no need to tweak Vista. Just download the latest service pack (SP2), which is about 300+ megabytes.

I just did, and the amazing thing is, prior to the download, I only had 160gb left on my hard drive. But after installing SP2, naging 190gb na! Go figure.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    try sa other forum like pcgilmore baka masmaraming masuggest doon.
    http://www.pcgilmore.com.ph/forum/

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    IMO, no need to tweak Vista. Just download the latest service pack (SP2), which is about 300+ megabytes.

I just did, and the amazing thing is, prior to the download, I only had 160gb left on my hard drive. But after installing SP2, naging 190gb na! Go figure.
    Where can I safely download the service pack 2 of Vista? Thanks in advance....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ Puwede mismo sa Control Panel. Choose "System," then when it shows you the system specs, may naka-highlight na "Update Windows Vista." Just click it, and follow the prompts...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I know there are several sites that will deal on this topic but I do not know whom I can trust. I'm not an IT person so, I only one some simple tweaks to have my vista run faster and smoother, which OS is pre-installed on my mini laptop
    You really need a fast video card and a fast hard drive along with ample ram to make Vista run smoother.

Beyond those, I disable some eye candy such as "Show contents while dragging".

I also keep Explorer in Details or List view.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post

Update ko lang...I followed your instruction to install SP2...Ok na. However as to the space sa hard drive ko there is no added free space, in fact nabawasan pa nga but only around some 400MB...but over all ok ang performance...thanks.....

Tweaks for Vista, Help...