New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga bihasa sa photography, tip naman on how to take night shot, landscape, fireworks, so far macro shot lang ang nagagawa ko...

also can you explain it to me like im a 5 year old
    1. ISO
    2. Shutter speed
    what is best at what ISO or Shutter speed level?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    night shots, use tripod! then use night shot setting on camera.

landscape, just shoot, use auto. you can stitch them together later with autostitch to create very wide panoramas.

fireworks, use fireworks setting on camera :D

ISO, same with film, higher ISO more noise (grain on film), but allows faster shutter speed.

Shutter speed. length of time that the shutter is open to allow light to enter. Too fast, dim photos. Too slow, overexposed.

ISO and shutter speed must be matched. If you use low ISO you must have slow shutter speed, you get low noise photos, BUT you risk blurring due to subject and/or camera movement. If you use high ISO you can use faster shutter and you avoid blurring BUT you get noisy photos. The trick is to get the right balance.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    kimps; punta ka kameraderie.com
    Last edited by niwde11; August 6th, 2006 at 11:59 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    mga bihasa sa photography, tip naman on how to take night shot, landscape, fireworks, so far macro shot lang ang nagagawa ko...

1. ISO
    2. Shutter speed

TIA

Naku, magaling diyan Sir, si Nicolodeon.

Paging Nicolodeon (Kameraderie.com)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy

1. ISO
    2. Shutter speed
    TIA
    sir kimpoy, if you have a digital camera my tip is just experiment to your heart's content. you waste no film or money in case you make a mistake. But if you have a manual camera with manual focus lens, I have one tip for landscape shots: hyperfocal distance.

You can manually focus on infinity on a small aperture that matches the shutter speed for the correct exposure- (for example, f16, 1/30) and shot. But if your objective is to get the most area in front of you to be in focus all the way to the horizon, use the principle of hyperfocal distance. The Web has info on it. Although it sounds technical, believe me it's easier done than said. Whenever I shot scenes outdoors I often use that principle and get satisfying results. I rarely focus on infinity. However you cannot control this manually unless your lens have a distance and focusing scale.

I think that if your camera has an auto-landscape mode, switching to it would set your camera to either infinity focus or hyperfocal distance without you being aware of it.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi Fafa Kimps. ISO is simply the speed of the film. There are three ISO films that are currently available to casual photogs (available at your friendly neighborhood photo store: 100, 200 and 400. ISO 100 is a slow film while ISO 400 is the faster film. For added info, you can go here:

Kameraderie: Different ISO film speeds.

Shutter speed means is simply the time in which a shutter would be held open when taking a photography to allow light to reach the film (for digital cameras, the imaging sensor). The slower the shutter speed, the more light would come through the lens when taking a picture. The faster the shutter speed, the less light would go through the lens. Shutter speed is measured in seconds. So if you see a 1/125 shutter speed rating, it means that your shutter would be open for 1/125th of a second. 1/2 shutter speed means that your shutter would be open for half a second, which is already a long time in photography. Fast shutter speeds are usually used to freeze fast action shots, while slower shutter speeds can be used in cases where you have low/poor light or in cases where you want to be a bit artistic - putting some motion blur on your pic. Shutter speeds are used in conjuction with apperture settings.

As for the best ISO and aperture level, there is no best really. Everything depends on the conditions behind your photoshoot.

If you have a DSLR, you can set it to auto all the time for best results. However, I recommend that you be creative a play with the seetings of your cam and take lots pics since you don't have the worry of developing the pictures.

For a good reading material on how to become familar with your DSLR, you might want to check out this book:

Masterting Digital SLR photography

I have this book it it is an excellent read.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; August 7th, 2006 at 10:02 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks guys,
    i bought a table tripod yesterday and experimented on night shots

nic may 50 ISO sa camera ko

btw hindi ako natuloy sa DSLR, daming ogags sa HK although mura dun nasa 31K lang ang 350D

Coolpix S2 ang gamit ko

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Uyz! Ganda naman pala DSC mo Fafa Kimps. Well, ang kagadahan sa digital cams pag dating sa ISO setting eh naga-auto adjust yung imaging sensor depende sa shot. Bili ka ng slave flash Fafa Kimps para may flexibility ka sa lighting. BTW, ogags talaga ang maraming tindahan sa HK (from personal experience).

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    mga boss question lang., ano ginagamit na cam para sa billboard? ilan megapixel mga yun? papagawa kasi ako malaki tarpaulin. kailangan maganda resolution. kapag malaki na ang pics. kung di magsquare square kundi maganda cam. please give suggestions. ty

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ganon ba yon? kase last time nagpaprint ako ng tarp for my gym maliit lang yun pic na ginamit ko ok naman sa printers.. yun pic was like 200 something by 300 something lang sa comp ko... tapos na print namin ng 6ft by 4 ft....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
TIPS on Photography (Digital/Manual)