New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="5"]Temperature changing mug might not be useful, but is still cool[/SIZE]

I must be dehydrated, because I’m writing about another drinking-related gadget. This one is a bit more simplistic than the single-serve blender I spoke of earlier. Some people tend to burn their hands (or tongues) on hot coffee or hot chocolate, which is never fun. Other times you’ll leave a cup sitting around for longer than you realize, then take a swig of a disgustingly-cold drink. That’s never fun. This simple mug makes it blindingly obvious how warm your drink is.

The mug is coated with a heat sensitive glaze which changes color according to the temperature of the beverage contained within. Sure, it’s not a necessity to have your cup tell you how warm your drink is, I think you can find out yourself. That’s really not the point though, it looks cool and it might save you from taking a sip of nasty coffee now and then. The asking price for one of these mugs is $25.
    http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20080...is-still-cool/

:cool01:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    My wife has a mug that is somewhat like this. But hers is a Hello Kitty with a blue design that changes into pink when you pour hot liquid. I didn't notice it first pero nun nakita ko na eh cool nga. Tagal na rin nun siguro that mug was given to her by my sister two years ago. Gagamitin ko nga sana sa office eh kaya lang Hello Kitty Baka mapagkamalan pa akong Jokla.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Back when we went on a trip to Beijing, we bought these mugs and tea set with that same heat-sensitive glaze (during the tea-tasting ceremony part of the tour).

When the mug is cold, one of the designs is a chinese character on a black background. The minute you pour hot water, the design changes revealing the Great Wall (magic!)

Temperature changing mug might not be useful, but is still cool