New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.yugatech.com/blog/persona...i-at-php16990/

[SIZE="4"]Samsung sells Galaxy Tab WiFi at Php16,990[/SIZE]

We reported last month that Samsung Philippines will release a WiFi-only variant of their 7-inch Galaxy Tab. Turns out the tablet is already here in the Philippines and selling at a discounted price of just Php16,990.

Two weeks ago, Samsung jumped the gun and dropped the suggested retail price of the 3G variant of the Galaxy Tab down to Php21,990.

The sale happens in all Samsung retailers from April 1 to 17 only. Just asked for the WiFi-only variant if you want to get it at a much cheaper price (that’s around Php3k cheaper than the 1st gen iPad).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kinda makes me think if I really want to buy one for myself. P17k is relatively cheap for good quality tablet PC.

Then again, it's a tablet which is not great if you need to type extensively into. Great for playing games, watching videos (until the batteries run out) and reading pages of books, newspapers, magazines and the internet.

isip...isip....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kasama ba siya sa upgradeable official (not custom ROM) honeycomb or gingerbread from Samsung? Samsung is notorious for holding back firmwares...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Two weeks ago, Samsung jumped the gun and dropped the suggested retail price of the 3G variant of the Galaxy Tab down to Php21,990.
    Samsung found out they could not compete with Apple selling their 7" at 32,000 Pesos.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Plus marami ng natauhan. Having a new slate or tablet is nice but not necessary. Market demands dictate prices and the drop says a lot.

I can use an Ipad for various stuff. But a small puny samsung tab? no thanks.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    the Android is good but i doubt it will last. Asus, Acer are concentrating on a Windows 7 Tablet. with the advent of dual core processors and the same gigs/capacity, eh ano lang ba difference ng laptop sa tablet, it's just the processors and boards under the display,without the keyboard and dvdrw etc.

since IOS is running sa Ipad and almost the same IOS running sa macbooks, it's only safe to assume that Windows 7 will run on both laptop and tablet versions.

so what's Android for? add to the fact that it's just a beta version with no official releases and it's free to be edited by almost anyone in free open source android developer market.

panggulo lang talaga, Samsung is only aiming to sell their hardware as always

so in the end it will be a Windows 7 or 8 OS optimized for tablets/multi-touch technology

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    android? nah! the only advantage I see is the size plus the 3G version with phone/text capabilities, but the wifi only model, better to get an ipad.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Go for the Ipad..iba parin pitik ng ipad sa samsung.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Ughh. I can't decide! Galaxy Tab or iPad? :\

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ipad na yan, unless you're really budgeted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Tech News: Samsung sells Galaxy Tab WiFi at Php16,990 (April 1 to 17 only)