New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ive been hearing stories about this PC...talaga bang worth it siya? what if I get those specs and build my own PC from Gilmore?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Ive been hearing stories about this PC...talaga bang worth it siya? what if I get those specs and build my own PC from Gilmore?
    Well, it's like you can buy a Porsche 911 and for really fast or modify a Civic to go as fast as the Porsche.

Anyway, you'll be better off just buying your own stuff.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    aye, you can get the same performance if you bought your own custom rig for like 40-70% the price although the alienware package is said to be synergistic. kinda like the AMD - ATi
    Last edited by safeorigin; March 1st, 2010 at 09:29 PM.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    GH, Safe, yan nga ang nasa isip ko, pero may nakausap ko na tiga Dell, sabi niya iba daw ang chassis at design ng Alienware na kahit gayahin ng ordinaryong tao yung specs iba parin daw yung performance ng Alienware kasi yung layout ng mga pyesa saktong sakto daw para sa gaming.

Pero naman yung presyo abot ng 100k...gaddamit

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    GH, Safe, yan nga ang nasa isip ko, pero may nakausap ko na tiga Dell, sabi niya iba daw ang chassis at design ng Alienware na kahit gayahin ng ordinaryong tao yung specs iba parin daw yung performance ng Alienware kasi yung layout ng mga pyesa saktong sakto daw para sa gaming.

Pero naman yung presyo abot ng 100k...gaddamit
    Honestly, if the specs are the same, it wouldn't really matter if your "rig" costs P100,000 or P35,000 to purchase.

Just make sure the interface (example: keyboard, mouse, gamepad, etc) are of good quality or good brand or have good reviews.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, gayahin mo na lang specs. ganon din magiging results non. siguro sa temp problem lang, pero pwede ka naman mag liquid cooled kaya siguro pwede na un. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    yup, gayahin mo na lang specs. ganon din magiging results non. siguro sa temp problem lang, pero pwede ka naman mag liquid cooled kaya siguro pwede na un. hehehe
    You can always build a casing out of cooling fans...

For sure, walang overheat yan.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    niceee rig

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I used to import and sell alienware before (before it was acquired by Dell). I also know saan sila nagpapagawa ng notebooks sa China. hehe. Nung nabili kasi ng Dell naging jologs na sya .

Fancy lang ang hitsura nya. Just build one with the same specifications (with good brands i.e. Gigabyte for the mobo, SATA6G, SSD-RAID, Kick-ass vidcard, etc.) and you'll get the same, if not better performance.

The dell dude you talked to was just dumbed down to believe Alienware is better (because their job is to make the consumers believe it is so).

The only computer worth the above-average price is Apple (since their software is different to begin with). All PCs are PCs.

Talaga bang kickass ang Alienware?