New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by TEAL
    Meron pa bang may problem sa Sun? Need to know kung isolated case lang itong naka post kasi balak namin ng wife ko na mag avail para sa mga anak namin.

Would you still recommend that we avail of this promo from Sun Cel?

Many thanks.
    IMHO kalimutan niyo na po.....marami pong dead sites.....di pa suportado ang MMS sa ibang service providers (globe and smart)...di ka makaka-send ng email using your phone dahil di pa available.....ganyan kahirap mag-sun cellular....no offense mazdamazda

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not to mention the only wireless telco with a P250 plan, cheapest call rates and the MSF that is consumable in any type of calls.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, we're a startup company after all You all heard the same comments with smart during its GSM infancy right? to compare the capital base of a 12M subscriber and 8+M subscriber company to one which only started this year is quite unfair. But do expect to see a lot more good stuff from us in the coming year.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agree! Not that I am biased dahil client din namin ang Robinsons hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sirs Mazdamazda & Pajerokid, if ever I push thru with my intension of availing, pwede ba ako deretso sa inyo mag transact? Iba na yung mga kaibigan ang kausap. Lapit lang office ko sa Rob Gal.

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Teal, i would like to kaya lang hindi pwede Im with Marketing and mazdamazda is with IT, so i doubt it Dun sa SUN shop na lang.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Just my two cents regarding Sun Cellular.

I came across Sun around April of this year. At that time I already was a Globe Subscriber for two-plus years. Nakakakuha na nga ako ng mga letters from Globe regarding their free/discounted phone loyalty plan (their second offering, not their disastrous first offering). After thorough research, I decided to shift to Sun because of the flexibility of their plans.

I work in Cavite and live in Paranaque. So I make most of my calls like to my gf (wifey na pala...), house, parents, sister, etc. from Cavite to Manila. Whenever I would get my Globe bill, I realized that these calls, since they were made from Cavite were classified as NDD. So kahit na Globe to Globe yung calls ko, may NDD charges pa ako binabayaran on top of the free minute credit or per minute charge.

Add to that calls I make to land lines and non-Globe cellphones, I end up paying a lot more than my monthly fee without using all of my free minutes. Tack to that the currency adjustment and other charges Globe tacks on the final bill, the amount that I pay becomes a lot more than the monthly service charge that I thought I would be paying. I know... read the fine print.

With Sun, like mazdamazda said earlier, what you signed up for is what you pay monthly. Everything all in. Whether it be calls to a Sun cellphone, to a Globe/Smart Cellphone, to a landline, or even abroad. All of the calls are credited towards the MSF you pay. Plan 1000 ako, 1000 lang ang binabayaran every month (basta hindi lang sosobra sa allocation). No hidden charges, no currency adjustment, and no VAT ek-ek. I make the same amount of calls as I would with my Globe line before but I pay less.

Wala naman akong problema sa signal strength ng Sun (actually yung bahay namin na dead spot sa Globe at Smart, nakakathree bars ako with my Sun phone). Dito lang sa loob ng office, medyo mahina signal. But then again Globe had to install repeaters in the office to be able to boost their signal strength. Also sometimes medyo mahirap kumonek sa Globe or Smart. Pero siguro 1 out of 50 calls lang naman. Not really a bother for me. IMHO, good value for money yung mga plans ng Sun (lalo na naka-avail pa ako ng Pioneer Plan nila).

Considering March (?) lang naglaunch yung Sun. Like any company, maraming growing pains kung bago ka. I mean, who would've thought na malalagpasan ng Smart yung Globe sa number of subscribers diba? Di ako nagsisisi na lumipat ako sa Sun.

All this plus 4K ko lang nakuha yung 3650 ko. Hehehehe. :D

Just to make things clear, I am not affiliated with Sun Cellular or Digitel in any way.

Pero kung gusto gamitin ni PK yung post na 'to for marketing purposes... napapagusapan naman yung testimonial fee... hehehe :D

Cheers! :cheers:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    green, Hahaha! ;)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya pala nde ako natanggap nung nag apply ako as Marketing Officer eh si pajerokid pala ang natanggap hehehe joke...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pk, ikaw ba ang nakaupo sa likod ni caloy? hehehe...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Sun Cellular is giving out free BUT defective phones!