New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Friends...kaka-file ko lang po nito yesterday sa DTI i-Reklamo..

========================================

At around November 29, 2003, my wife and I were convinced to get a cellular phone line subscription through Sun Cellular's "Sun Blast" promo at Festival Supermall in Alabang, Muntinlupa City. One of it's promo is that if you get a subscription of say Php 1,000 a month you get another cellular phone for free. Everything went smooth and we had the 2 cellphone units with us after the usual approval protocol and afterwhich we head home. Upon reaching home, we charged both cellphones. After a considerable amount of time, we noticed that the other unit, the 'free phone', turns 'on' but it also turns 'off' just as soon as it was turned 'on'. So we just thought that maybe it still has no charge in its battery and so we decided that we charge it overnight. The next day, we checked the phone again and noticed that it still turns 'on' and shuts down again. So we again decided to charge it and afterwhich I called up Sun Cellular's customer hotline. I was given the assurance that I can have the unit repaired or replaced but I need to ensure that I return the unit within seven (7) days. The next day I again called-up Sun Cellular's customer hotline just for me to be assured that my unit will be replaced/repaired even if it will take me around three or four days to return it (I don't want to waste extra cash on gasoline expenses for the sake of bringing back my cellphone for repair/replacement). Last Thursday, December 4, 2003, I finally went back to Sun Cellular's promo area at Festival Supermall to complain about my cellphone's problem. After a long wait, Sun Cellular's staffs (I did not get their names but I remembered their faces) told me that the problem is on the battery. I immediately asked for a replacement of the battery but they told me that they have no more stocks of that model (DbTel 0205121). I immediately asked them that they replace the phone with the other model (Panasonic GD75) that they are offering for free. Since I am no longer confident with the unit that I got. But Sun Cellular's staffs told me that they can not do that since thay have already inputted the serial numbers, etc.etc. of the phones that I got under my account. At this point they forwarded me to WellCom since they are the ones who will repair the unit (since it is still under warranty of course). So I proceeded to WellCom and after evaluation by their technicians, they found out that the cell's power port was defective. I was advised by them that I should leave the phone for repair (J.O. number A225766) and was given the assurance it will be repaired on Monday (120803). I called them up for follow-up and was given another two days (121003) for me to follow it up. Today, I just made a phone call and was again given another three days for me to follow it up. This is very frustrating for me and my wife since we chose to subscribe from Sun Cellular since all the while it will give us convenience in our daily communication. Now, since we only have one unit functioning, it is giving us a hard time in our daily activities. Not to mention the lost oppurtunities that I had incurred because of this problem. I sold my old cellphone thinking all the while that I will have a new cellphone after all. Just so you'll know, I am into a second hand car buy-and-sell business and the use of a cellphone is highly demanding. But now that my wife and I are to make do with only one unit, my clients are now shying away from us (because of delayed replies on inquiry, etc.etc.) and turning to other dealers. I demand Sun Cellular to immediately replace my unit as soon as they receive this complaint (I don't want to accept the one being repaired at WellCom).
    Last edited by emanon; December 11th, 2003 at 09:24 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    si mazdamazda makakasagot niyan hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hoy! ikaw ibubuking mo pa ako! hehehe...

pati kami lang ang taga ayos niyang mga ganyan scenario sa backend... yung frontend dapat sumagot jan...

alam ko dapat may marketing representative (dapat PK kasama ka!) dun sa booth... dapat yung kinausap... wala na yatang stock nga ng DBTel...

neways, i've already emailed the entire article to the Retail Management and Activation Dep't (excluding ito... hehehe) they are the ones in charge of the frontliners...
    Last edited by mazdamazda; December 11th, 2003 at 11:22 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe. wala pa akong alam. im still feeling my way through work

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT

nakasabay ko boss mo sa elevator kahapon... tinanong niya kung kilala daw kita...

sabi ko "Sir, ingat sila jan... yan ang heart throb ng tsikot..."

hehehehe...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha. How i wish hehe

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    "Wag nang pumunta kung SUN-SUN pa! Dito ka na sa Talk 'N Text!"
    -Dolphy

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SO the moral of the story is if a deal is too good to be true wag kakagat agad.

You should write your complaints directly to sun cellular and give your cited reasons for a replacement or refund.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i think misleading naman... baka natiyempohan lang un defective units. pero its just my opinion. sana nga lang mas maganda un customer service nila, if may sira man palitan na agad within the warranty period.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pissword... ang problem kasi is wala nang stock ng DBTel na phone... 7 day ang replacement... nasubukan ko na yan sa T610 ko... replace naman nila...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Sun Cellular is giving out free BUT defective phones!