New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post
    slip-slick,
    alam kong OT na itong tanong ko. but tama ba yung join date mo sa tsikot, 1970?
    hindi sir.. hindi pa ko tao ng 1970 hehe

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Digitel’s losses widen

By Erik de la Cruz
    Xinhua Financial News Service
    Last updated 03:11pm (Mla time) 08/15/2006

DIGITAL Telecommunications Philippines Inc.’s (Digitel) second-quarter losses widened compared to the same period last year, as the peso's strength hurt its international call services.

Digitel, a unit of conglomerate JG Summit Holdings Inc., said it had a net loss of 1.5 billion pesos in the second quarter, more than double the 636 million loss it incurred in April-June 2005.

Higher costs and expenses brought the telecoms firm in the red again, having posted a net profit of 43 million pesos in the first quarter.

Costs and expenses rose to 4.1 billion pesos during the June quarter, including 1.38 billion pesos in foreign exchange losses, from 2.7 billion a year earlier.

For the first half of the year, Digitel said its net loss stood at 1.44 billion pesos, also bigger than the year-ago loss of 1.09 billion.

Digitel said first-half consolidated revenue dropped to 4.3 billion pesos from 4.5 billion a year earlier, mainly due to lower international traffic volume which could be attributed to "the possible adverse impact of foreign carriers' preference for alternative least cost routes as well as the impact of the peso appreciation, particularly in the wireline voice communications business."

Digitel did not provide figures on its subscriber base for mobile phone service, but said its wireless business generated total revenue of 1.47 billion pesos in the first half compared to 1.46 billion a year earlier.

source:
    http://business.inq7.net/money/topst...ticle_id=15411

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    last year smart paid their employees 21 months.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    last year smart paid their employees 21 months.
    sounds great! but how are their basic monthly rates?? baka at the end of the year, pareho lang naman annual salary with other companies, na hangang 13-14 months lang, pero matataas naman mga rates.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i don't really know.. i don't work for any of the cellco's. i do work with a company that deals with all of the cellco's on a daily basis, and smart is definitely the best place to be, followed by globe, followed by sun

sun's problem is that they are having trouble monetizing their mobile base because their core business is CTU.

(not jack bauer's employer, but Call and Text Unlimited)

this is completely unlike the other two cellcos. so, they keep adding capacity, but it does not translate to larger revenue because the existing subscriber base is perfectly capable of swamping the additional capacity. translation: their capex is not translating to a proportional increase in revenue. most if not all sun CTU subscribers also have a line from one of the other cellco's.

although of course i'm just speculating.

i did check out a position at globe more than a year ago.. maybe i'm just darn unqualified but they couldn't match my then-current compensation. although i must add, globe did have a 15+ month year (i don't have the exact figure). so strictly speaking, globe was the better choice in the long term, but i couldn't survive the short-term income reduction.
    Last edited by orly_andico; August 16th, 2006 at 02:58 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    i was with globe before. although salaries did reach 15 months, that only started just several years ago. and even now, the 15th month is not guaranteed.

from the time i was with globe, turnover of employees was high. madami din umaalis, lumilipat, nag aabroad. from the time i was hired in 2000, to present, judging from the current employee/id number, i'd estimate about 2500 regular employees came and went. and i know a lot more employees are just waiting for their chance to move up and out of globe. lahat ng friends ko jan meron mga applications sa abroad, naghihintay lng ng tawag.

as for sun, well, we'll see what they have to offer when i go in to discuss it.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    useless info. we're also working with some foreign cellco's. and in the malaysian cellco's maraming ex-globe. :P although executive positions of course.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ako magaaply sana sa celco years ago nang malaman ko na may lay offs sila di na ako tumuloy.... laki nga ng sahod wala naman job security.

You pray na sa susunod eh di ka kasali sa bibigyan ng offer na magresign or worst tatanggalin...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung supervisory job... your salary can range from 20-35K+. not much benefits though... rice subsidy (twice a year) & free service unit lang.

no company wide bonuses yet... hindi pa naman nag break-even ang Sun Cellular... siguro mga 2-3 years from now.

as for Smart... mababa ang base salary nila... I have friends & relatives working there.

what's good here is the abundance of opportunities & learn a lot of things.

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    if that is true, medyo mababa nga sa sun.. for the same position in globe, starting would be 35k up, with 5-10% annual increase.

mga companies talaga, they will just give you enough to survive from day to day. kung magiging employee ka lang, you have very little chance to live the life you really want.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    kung supervisory job... your salary can range from 20-35K+. not much benefits though... rice subsidy (twice a year) & free service unit lang.

no company wide bonuses yet... hindi pa naman nag break-even ang Sun Cellular... siguro mga 2-3 years from now.

as for Smart... mababa ang base salary nila... I have friends & relatives working there.

what's good here is the abundance of opportunities & learn a lot of things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
sun cellular / digitel employees