New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    So far it's a toss between a Canon G2000 or an Epson L220 ... any other options? ... Wi-Fi is not important ... concerned about these new ink tank systems since we don't print that much volume ... a tank will supposedly print 4,000 (Epson) to 6,000 (Canon) pages ... we print about 500 pages a year only ... will the ink in these systems expire when not used? ... they suggest we turn on and off the printer daily just so the ink won't dry up in the print head ...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Get a Brother printer. I got one after we realized our old HP printer's ink costs more than a printer.

Multi-Function Centre / All in one - DCP-J15 InkBenefit | Brother

It's already more than a year when we bought this and I still haven't bought a new set of ink. By the way I have 2 kids who prints a lot of reports and assignments.

The wifi connectivity is very useful specially if you have more than 1 computer at home.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Maybe you only need a scanner. Or better buy a separate scanner and printer.

OEM CISS (continuos ink system) is bang for the buck for those who print regularly.
    We have the basic Epson L110 and it is really useful in printing kids assignments and reviewers. Sometime I print some ID pics and full size pictures.

The thing with any inkjet printer, you have to use it at least once a week to avoid clogging the print head.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If you have iOS devices, you might also want to consider Airprint support.

I have an HP LaserJet P1102w (b&w laser) that was originally for printing review/test papers for our children. I never thought I'd have a need for the AirPrint function until I realized how easy it was to print things like boarding passes or bills directly from my iPad. Printing from my Android phone is also quite simple and straightforward. No need to fire up the PC.

If there was a 3-in-1 printer with Airprint back then, I would've bought it.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    We have the Canon G2000 at home while our office has the Epson L220. They basically have the same functions. My personal observations are:

1. Canon takes a longer start up time (for initial printing).
    2. Canon produces better photoprints.
    3. Epson prints and scans faster.
    4. Both scanner beds are A4 sized only.

We choose the Canon for personal use since we print our photos at home. HTH.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    HP has the printheads on the ink cartridge so dried up ink is not that big a problem.

Tapatalked

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Will check out Brother printers but the maybe the problem with Brother printers is the service network and ink availability ... not as good as Canon and Epson ...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    HP has the printheads on the ink cartridge so dried up ink is not that big a problem.

Tapatalked
    Problem with than is the cost. An HP replacement ink costs a lot than the others.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I bought the HP3510 3 years ago and it is still working although used only by the kids for school reports. Wifi capable and you can print, scan and copy over the air using laptops, tablets or iphones.

---------------------------------
    🎗Shine the light! 🎗

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Problem with than is the cost. An HP replacement ink costs a lot than the others.
    True but TS's concern is drying up of the ink. He also doesn't need to print a lot.

Black ink and tri-color ink carts cost 400 pesos (plus or minus 10 pesos).

Tapatalked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast