New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    ok na ba? nakaka-access ka na ba sa yahoo?

lately nangyari din dito sa opisina yan. try mo connect using a different pc. pag gumana, baka kelangan mo iupdate windows mo or try uninstalling any firewall software that you have. or baka yun antivirus mo. it is probably caused by an update to your pc...
    dehins pa rin as of this morning. pag rekta dsl modem to PC ok naman siya. pag naka router dun ayaw. will try to check yung anti virus and anti-spyware programs sa PC.

kaya sa router ang suspect ko dahil pag naconnect yung laptop, ganun din. sa yahoo lang ayaw.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    possible na router nga ang error nyan.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    if you think it's the router, then it could be the router's built-in firewall. All modern routers have a firewall built-in. Either take Yahoo off the blocked list or add it to the exceptions list. If it's the hardware itself, then you shouldn't be able to access anything.

Another problem I've seen with Yahoo is some problems with servers like for example if you're running off an anonymous proxy.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 13th, 2008 at 04:43 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    if you think it's the router, then it could be the router's built-in firewall. All modern routers have a firewall built-in. Either take Yahoo off the blocked list or add it to the exceptions list. If it's the hardware itself, then you shouldn't be able to access anything.

Another problem I've seen with Yahoo is some problems with servers like for example if you're running off an anonymous proxy.
    scanned the computer for spyware. i can access yahoo again

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003

scanned the computer for spyware. found one threat. i can access yahoo again

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    scanned the computer for spyware. found one threat. i can access yahoo again
    What was the spyware? I'd like to keep the name on file for future reference in case I encounter it.

Is it spyware within Yahoo that the internet security was blocking (which would've affected Yahoo access) or was the spyware standalone? Things like these I try to keep track of.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 14th, 2008 at 04:46 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    What was the spyware? I'd like to keep the name on file for future reference in case I encounter it.

Is it spyware within Yahoo that the internet security was blocking (which would've affected Yahoo access) or was the spyware standalone? Things like these I try to keep track of.
    if i remember it right the software identified it as "ad.ware". looks like a common thing to me. my anti-spyware have detected it a couple of times already.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    if i remember it right the software identified it as "ad.ware". looks like a common thing to me. my anti-spyware have detected it a couple of times already.
    Is it still being detected? If it still keeps showing up randomly, that means it's still in your pc. It's easy to detect and it may look like it was removed. But, it'll show up again at a future time. I remember catching that back in 2006. It took a while to finally get rid of it and involved some registry hacks.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Is it still being detected? If it still keeps showing up randomly, that means it's still in your pc. It's easy to detect and it may look like it was removed. But, it'll show up again at a future time. I remember catching that back in 2006. It took a while to finally get rid of it and involved some registry hacks.
    it has not bothered me yet. and when it does, will research on how remove it through the registry

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    could it be an isp provider problem? last week mga 2-3 days ata akong hindi maka access ng yahoo, i even resorted to reformatting my os but still hindi ko pa rin ma access ung yahoo. nagtanong ako sa tito ko na nagwowork sa pldt, baka nga daw may problem sa pldt. buti ngayon ok na.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
suddenly, i cannot access yahoo using my wireless router