New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    we have an old pioneer sx 990 stereo receiver.
    it's been lingering for decades at home, and many of the knobs are frozen.
    does anyone know where we can have it restored?
    there's this musician that i heard about some time ago, who dabbles in hi fi equipment and repairs them...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Ask around in Raon.

I used to know someone there from way back that does all kinds of audio repair.... from consumer HiFi to professional gear. He's the go-to guy for even the so called {insert brand here} authorized service center when they're stuck on a particular problem or fault. Sorry but this was over 2 decades ago and I've lost track of him. Though, I'm sure there's at least a few "master" technicians still working in the vicinity.

Anyway, look for a technician that owns or leases his own space. Wag yung nasa bangketa lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Better to head on over to PinoyDVD. Th enethusiasts there should have some recommended shops and experts.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Not a stereo but the wires for my sound blaster (?) I know it's so two decades ago but I don't want to replace it since it's working well and just right for my needs. I had the 3.55 mm jack repaired na (yung walang balat) This time it's the wire sa may sub and source na sira. I think wala na the repair shops at market market where I brought it before.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Not a stereo but the wires for my sound blaster (?) I know it's so two decades ago but I don't want to replace it since it's working well and just right for my needs. I had the 3.55 mm jack repaired na (yung walang balat) This time it's the wire sa may sub and source na sira. I think wala na the repair shops at market market where I brought it before.

a creative repairman / aficionado should be able to do it.
    i am confident, that tsikoteer here knows what to do.

i can probably do it, but if it's not that expensive naman, i'd just as easily purchase one.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a creative repairman / aficionado should be able to do it.
    i am confident, that tsikoteer here knows what to do.

i can probably do it, but if it's not that expensive naman, i'd just as easily purchase one.
    There's no replacement doc, I've been looking for weeks already kaya repair lang talaga

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    There's no replacement doc, I've been looking for weeks already kaya repair lang talaga

Wala ma mga creative sound blaster availablr sa market eh...

Try mo ipagawa sa mga gumagawa ng radio although baka mas mahal pa singilin nila

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

lookit trav's post in the suzuki jimny threads.
    i imagine, the repair will be something like that.
    surround the wires with a good amount of reinforcing glue.
    wrap in decorative plastic tape when dry.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012

palitan na yan ma'amstereo repair

bring sa shop na nagrepair ng mga electronics. ask them to solder and have it protected by heat shrink sleeve para kahit mahila-hila, hindi basta mapigtas

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Just a brain fart....

"Stereo" is such an old term, used as a catchphrase to describe anything audio-related, from a car radio to a component system. I think nobody born after the 80's uses it anymore.

But seeing it again brought back lots of memories growing up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast