New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    first time owner of p series, how do i turn off the dimmed backlight while charging mga sir? considering naka off ung phone whikle charging? thanx

and also how can i use the wifi? my bayad ba ang wifi sa network provider(globe)?

thanx

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    in my understanding the backlight wont be turned off while charging if you have your p990 turned off. you have to turn it back on for the lights to turn off.

about the wifi, all you have to do is to find a wifi hotspot and connect to it.that's all.be very careful though about the group priority settings of the internet connections to be used in your phone.yes, you might be connected to the wifi network but if your phone is using smart internet, you'll be charged if that happens.

about the question if there's a charge for wifi, it's a yes and it's a no. yes in the sense of getting a dsl connection plan from a dsl service provider and setting up a personal wireless network. no charges if you're going to connect to some free wifi hotspots..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    thanx sir noblewolf.
    i have another question, how do i use the wifi? for example after enabling the wifi, where shud i go now to look for the server and start surfing? are there any sites thar are restricted?
    thanx

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    no prob vinkim..

click on scan..after that highlight on the wireless router that ur p990i has detected and click on the button that looks like two arrows pointing at each other to connect to that router. after that click on the globe icon that blinks on the taskbar and check if your wifi is set at first in the priority list. because if you have smart internet or globe somethin that is set to priority baka macharge ka sa gprs..hehehehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    well, p990i users, what are the applications and stuffs saved in your smartphones?

i have:

applications:
    swiss manager pro 1.43 ( a must!)
    tweak peaks
    advanced english dictionary
    documents to go
    bluetooth remote control (for pc remote via bluetooth)
    mobipocket reader (with 57books)
    opera mini

games:
    krally
    asphalt
    warring nations

media:
    pursuit of happiness (full length)
    night at the museum (full length)
    tokyo drift (full length)
    230 assorted mp3's and aac's

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ngayon ko lang nakita tong thread na to ah hehe.

^Anyway, in what format are those movie files? Are these DVD-ripped? And where can I get games?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Yep. Great gadget!

Sure there are a couple of bugs/problems/niggles, but most are trivial or minor annoyances. Not enough ruin the phone.

The only thing I don't like about it is the build quality. The flip pad creaks whenever I open/shut it. I've had this unit 7 months already and the flip pad still creaks.... aside from that, it's perfect.

*Tifosi
    Sent you PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just got mine last week for 19k. dami din pala apps. just upgrade your firmware to improve the speed of the phone.

it's available in the SE homepage.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    19k na lang ang p990i? haneff!! kainis d na talaga ako bibili ng mobile phone... lol

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    baka meron kayo nakita orig front casing for P990i. saan and magkano?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Sony Ericsson P990i - any good or bad comments?