New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have you had first hand experience with the SE 990i? How has it been? Was it good or bad?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ive had mine for 5 mos now... eeerrr its not all that bad... pretty slow but youll get used ot it... hate the picture quality of the camera tho!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    ive had mine for 5 mos now... eeerrr its not all that bad... pretty slow but youll get used ot it... hate the picture quality of the camera tho!
    how's the battery life? do you get to use the wireless capabilities?

what are the good things about it? and the bad?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    baterry life is ok... i talk on the phone for 5 str8 hours before it dies on me.. camera talaga ang prob ko may kalabuan kala mo pag nakita mo sa phone ok.. pero pag na transfer na sa PC malabo... saka may kabagalan... but its a lot better than the previous model... pwede ka na mag add ng contact without opening the flip... tapos pwede mo makita yun drafts and the sent without opening the flip... and pag nag mark ka ng messages (pag nagbubura) pag may accidentally ka na open na message yun marked messages remains marked not like before start ka from the beginning. sound quality is great 2! i like the new radio feature but you have to connect the head set kase it serves as the antenna. black berry compatible na sha (altho i dont really use that) and its WiFi ready!

it a bit bulkier and heavier the the p900 imo. mejo masakit sa daliri yun buttons (lalo na pag kiti kitext ka). and yun button sa gitna ng x-y button e mejo maliit pero youll get used to it naman.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I got mine a month ago. So far mabilis naman sya.
    My firmware is R7A001
    Yung R5 and below ang older version ng firmware kaya medyo mabagal ang PDA functions.
    You should upgrade your F/W to the latest = R9
    Mine okay na sakin yung R7 wala naman problems like i read sa ibang forums.
    Also Lahat halos ng pictures taken with my P990i maganda ang quality.
    I set the options to:
    1600X1200-Frame size
    Auto focus- normal
    white balance-auto
    light-on
    effects- 5 effects.... i try to experiment with them like sepia, solarize tec
    Quality- Fine
    Night mode- off
    Save to- Mem stick prefered
    Auto review- on

meron din syang self timer and shutter sound

Also today i installed google earth mobile!
    Its so cool kita ko yung bubong ng bahay namin sa satellite view. he he he
    You can search the whole world map! sa google earth mobile altough as expected USA and Parts of Europe and Canada lang ang 100% clear.
    I used wifi nga pala to surf with google earth.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    to improve your battery;

1. check the battery indicator after the charging stops, most likely 99% pa lang yan. if time permits, hayaan mo lang nakakabit charger until mag 100% sya.

2. default ng backlight (brightness) is 90%. reduce it to 30%-50% or kung hanggang saan comfortable yung eyes nyo sa liwanag.

3. disable WLAN kung di nyo kailangan.

as much as possible, wag nyo hayaan totally drain yung battery before recharging. pag nagwarning na ng lowbatt, icharge nyo na agad..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i got mine just las week...

its my first time to be an ericsson user and i may say its a pretty impressive unit..

good camera quality 2Mega pixel. WIFI yahooo... sound quality..

pwede!!!...

yeah tama kayo. iwan mo lang kahit 100% na yung indicator sa battery while charging. lessen the brightness to 30-50%

poor quality ng image pag transfer to other devices or pc.. huhuhu pero pwede na...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    can you link it with your email like hotmail or yahoo and get your email on the road?

how much is subscription to smart or globe to be able to have that function?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i've been a user of p-series since p800. sa stability ng p990, i must admit p800 is a lot stable. and it improved on p900 but the casing usually breaks because of the flip. p910i is the most "balanced" when it comes to interface and system stability, although madalas masira yung front keypad. sa p990i although mas "solid" ang dating dahil bakal yung screen frame, you will start at 15.5mb to 17mb of ram at startup. due to memory leaks, it will be reduced to 7mb to 7.5mb at the end of the day. and you cant even run messaging and media player at the same time and restarts itself quite often (with an the old firmware). updated mine from SEUS to phone R9EC001 BT R5A01 organizer R4B03 CDA R4B03. now somehow i can a lot of applications without problems.. although when you're going to update, better turn off firewalls, be sure to connect your pc to ups and there should be no interruptions on your internet connection and power supply. any form of interruption of the update will turn your p990i kaput and you'll gonna have a very expensive christmas decor come christmas..

if you have this phone, better install swiss manager pro 1.45 to manage system memory. i can recommend the sman but as of the moment ajack and droll is still working on the final version. hirap install yung beta madugo magconfigure ng phone to allow unsigned softwares to be installed.

about the wifi, okay naman ang speed nya. although you need to allocate ram to compliment tabbed browsing..

also bluetooth remote control works like charm, got a presentation one time in camp john hay using my p990i as my powerpoint remote control to browse to the slides.

so, update software to R9E, swiss manager, 4GB mem stick, HBH-DS970 and tons of mp3's and this would be the best phone that you'll ever have!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    can you link it with your email like hotmail or yahoo and get your email on the road?

how much is subscription to smart or globe to be able to have that function?
    afaik globe offers na black berry services direct emailing from you blackberry capable phone like the p990i... or wap? yun wifi you can access your email there.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Sony Ericsson P990i - any good or bad comments?