New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anyone who availed of Smart's recent promo?
    Does anyone recall what the breakdown of the plan that was given to you?

When I was inquiring I was informed by 2 different agents during my 3 visits to the Smart Wireless center(before making my decision) that the plan I was interested in Plan 1200, would be comprised of 1200 consumable for text, calls & downloads with 550 Addict credits free(explained to me Addict credits being equivalent to free text & MMS downloads & usable for both)

Now I recieved my 1st billing yesterday.
    And on my bill I see the following breakdown.
    Consumable usage worth P1200
    Addict credits(AC)-P190
    Free 360 messages

Curious about the breakdown, I called up the Customer service hotline to inquire why the breakdown was like that.

I was informed that the P1200 consumable was for voice calls only not consumable for text, downloads & calls.

I replied that it is different from what I was informed of which was the basis of by availing of their promo & it that was not the case then I, in essence, have been shortchanged.
    If the consumable was only for calls the free phone promo they had wouldn't have been as appealing.
    And it was the consumable for all types of services that was the the basis of my decision to avail of their promo, the free phone was just a bonus.

I'm curious if anyone who availed of the promo was also informed of the same breakdown as I was when I first inquired or were they given the breakdown indicated in the billing statements coming out now.

Anyone?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sir Auto_xer afaik ang globe g-flex lang po ata ang may ganyang plan...

consumable ang whole 1200 or whatever plan you have, for SMS, MMS or calls

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually pissword, all of sun's postpaid plans are consumable. Dati pa ito, but the marketing team before didnt hype it kaya feeling ng masa, globe ang naunang mag-consumable.

sorry for the OT.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    applied for and got the plan800 but i remembered applying for the regular gold plan, i marked this on the application form, since i am a calling type person. it seems necessary for me to dial a call or receive a call more often when driving than not.

instead got the special plan800 consumable. since i wanted a phone upgrade, i accepted. thinking now i could do some VAS with my new account and it promotes 500 free sms. my normal monthly text

assuming with my normal monthly usage, i can do some internet surfing with my new SAP2 and still be around the monthly 800php

1st month billing no questions
    2nd month my bill soared due to about 250php on internet and similar VAS.

smart cs explained the promo special plan consumable is for all calls (including NDD and IDD) only.

now it shows that this promo plan has only 500 free texts and around 100mins free calls to be consumend on monthly service fee of 800php. good thing it includes long distance

not what i signed for with smart but its still ok since it matches my usage. no more no less. plus the new phone.

good thing i did not sign up for a 3 year plan.
    Last edited by kurt; October 26th, 2004 at 10:17 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Very misleading and ambiguous mga CS ng Smart, if I didn't know Manolet, I'd probably have way more problems with them... I better check my bill as well, pinashift ko din to sa all-consumable (800) a few months ago...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako gamit ko smart gold, plan 1200 na consumable (inclusive sa consumable ang sms), have to verify my next bill.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hi Auto_Xer,

Tama lang po yung breakdown ng nasa billing statement nyo. Normally if SMART say Plan1200, it doesn't mean all the Call, Text and Data charges will be consumed in Php1,200.00. Plan 1200 meaning it comprise a package for Php1,200.00 amount of FREE Calls, 360 number of FREE text/SMS and 190 Addict credits. Now in excess of these FREE Credits you will be billed on top of the Addict consumable MSF. See below for details.

- Free minutes covers calls to SMART network(Addict/Gold/Infinity/Buddy/TNT), other cellular networks, local and NDD
    -Consumable plan amount covers Calls to SMART network(Addict/Gold/Infinity/Buddy/TNT), other cellular networks, local, NDD and IDD calls.
    - Free Text covers SMS to Smart network(Addict/Gold/Infinity/Buddy/TNT), other local cellular networks and balance inquiry
    - Addict Credits covers SMS-VAS, MMS & GPRS usage
    - Excess in Free Text Allocation are billed on top of the Addict Consumable MSF

Br,
    silver_corolla

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ano bang latest promo ng smart ngayon? nagpunta ko sa wireless center the other day eh nakngtokwa halos walang free handset for plan 1200. motorola c375 lang.

kaya sa sun shop na lang ako nag-apply kasi sa plan 1000 may choices ako sa nokia 3220, 3660 and 6610i.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mag-SUN nalang kayo. Bulok ang Smart and Globe. ;)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hytan: please stay on topic... kung sun at globe paguusapan, madami nang thread dyan. thanks.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Smart's recent promo rates