New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Does anyone know anything about this?
    From what I know..those who have been subscribers for more than 1yr on the 988 plan can upgrade to the 512kbs. Is this for free?? Any info? thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have your tried calling SmartBro's 24-hr hotline?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    My access is 384kbps SmartBro (P999 Plan). I have been a subscriber for only a few months, so I guess I am not yet entitled to the upgrade, based on the scheme you said.......

Wala ring balita from the flyers that they're sending....

2301:dog1:

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    ive been a subscriber for over a year in their 988 (384) [plan. I think you need to upgrade to the 999 plan for this to take effect, as far as i know, upgrading to this plan would renew your 1 yr lock-in period. Actually smart had just sent me a mail asking me if i would like to renew my one year lockin period.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    AFAIK, meron lang nito sa mga areas na may kalaban sila.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'll give them a call and see what's up. We're moving to a new house in August, so, siguro, dsl broadband nalang ako instead of wifi. So the 512plan requires a 1yr lockin period? It sounds like a good deal, in my location, my wifi is ok naman, I can download at a rate of 46kbs consistently. So...512plan would maybe bring me up to 55-60kbs i guess.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Although wired > wireless, depende parin ito sa area. Kung ok naman Smart Bro sa inyo, & you have no way to check kung ok performance ng wired, ok ng i-extend ang contract.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    I'll give them a call and see what's up. We're moving to a new house in August, so, siguro, dsl broadband nalang ako instead of wifi. So the 512plan requires a 1yr lockin period? It sounds like a good deal, in my location, my wifi is ok naman, I can download at a rate of 46kbs consistently. So...512plan would maybe bring me up to 55-60kbs i guess.
    i guess smart bro is somewhat improving. Just to tell you my experience with them, in my one year as a subscriber, the longest time ive gone without internet is 1 week, but i also had atleast a month's worth of days wherein my connection is so bad, that i takes hours to load a single page. But generally, im quite satisfied but im not really inclined to re-susbcribe (despite the one month free promo)

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Finally!I got my PLDT myDsl 999(768kbps) connection...Wlang kwenta ang smartbro, naubos na pasensya ko na palagi kaming wlang internet sa bahay. May duamaan lang na eroplano napuputol ang internet connection. Pina-terminate ko na dahil naawa na rin ako sa Customer Service nila na lagi kong inaaway

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    If I can have my way,- I'd prefer MyDSL over SmartBro anytime because of the latter's canopy. It's a hazard during stormy weather....

However PLDT's telephone service is really bad in our area. They attempted twice to install DSL in our place,- both unsuccessful....

So, I have no choice then.....

But Globe's offering appears to be real tempting....

2301:dog1:

SmartBro Upgrade Plan to 512kbs (WR512 Plan)