New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Need help peeps.

I'm getting a prepaid broadband internet service and am considering Smartbro, Globe or Sun. Can't be helped since my work takes me around the Metro and sometimes, its a hassle to go and find a coffee shop with wifi.

If there are any users of either service, could you post your experiences, problems, raves? In particular, which service is faster, offers reliable connection (minimal disconnects) and ease of use.

Thanks, fellas.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    consider the one that has 3.5g or hsdpa availability. kung sa sun ang pag-uusapan, cross it out na muna kasi, AFAIK, eh hindi pa buong metro eh may hsdpa o 3.5g signal ng sun. unlike dun sa 2, globe and smart, eh buong metro has 3.5g o hsdpa (though dito sa valenzuela, wala ata 3.5g ang smart kaya hindi mabilis ang smartbro ko).

its down to 2 choices, globe and smart. i use smart, pero i want to try the globe. pero dapat mo i-consider talaga, which among the two have the wider 3.5g area coverage and its consistency. and also consider yung place mo, which affects the availability of the signal you need

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    my choice would be smart. better signal coverage.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Currently I am using Globe as my 3G internet connection outside the usual wifi areas. I am using my celfone (connected to my netbook via bluetooth) since my post-paid account lets me connect anytime and only gets charged P5 for every 15 minutes of usage.

So far I have only used it within Metro Manila. Surfing experience is okay.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    AFAIK, sun is 3.5G in NCR and edge or gprs outside NCR.

i've used smart bro on my trusty on my old 3G Nokia 6630 and it's painfully slow. it used to be faster though.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    i tried globe 3g using a data cable with my cellphone and its fast for ordinary browsing

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I use Globe and Smart, and I'd have to give my hats off to Smart in terms of availability of 3G Signal even on remote areas (yeah I pickup 3G Signals in Minalin, Pampanga). My friend brought her Sun there before and it cannot even pickup a GSM Signal. Globe on the other hand only had GPRS (dial-up like speeds really).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    hello,

Did anyone had a chance to use either smart or globe kits on long highway drives/provincial roads? Can you give some feedbacks? TIA

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you drive through a dead spot or an area where the signal degrades to GPRS, then you can be disconnected, otherwise, you can stay on for hours at a time.

Using SmartBro at home and a Globe Tattoo. Our permanent antenna SmartBro has been incredibly slow these past weeks... to the point where I sometimes load my prepaid Tattoo just to surf. (it's faster).

Big problem with these services... if a lot of people are on, they slow down... a lot... good thing having a Tattoo backup... not many people are on... ever.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jubs00 View Post
    hello,

Did anyone had a chance to use either smart or globe kits on long highway drives/provincial roads? Can you give some feedbacks? TIA
    Although I haven't used my 3G connection while moving, the wireless broadband is not meant to be used while moving, like in a car.

So expect slower than normal download speeds and occasional times when the connection doesn't respond at all due to the connection "hand-over" between signal towers.

Of course, if you stop and use your wireless internet, it should have normal speeds and service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Smartbro, Globe Tattoo, Sun Broadband Wireless Prepaid?