New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron ba ginagamit sa inyo? Para automatic mag on and off siya certain time at the same time pwede ko remotely I cycle pag meron problema?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Meron ba ginagamit sa inyo? Para automatic mag on and off siya certain time at the same time pwede ko remotely I cycle pag meron problema?

Smart plugs, as in the WiFi kind?

You'll be locked out.

They're typically connected to cloud services (such as Wemo, Tuya/SmartLife, Broadlink, etc.). Once you turn it off, your router goes down and so will your internet connection. You won't be able to turn it back on remotely. Someone will have to physically turn on the switch to restore everything.

Alternatives would be RF plugs and timer plugs.

For RF plugs, you'll still need to be in the vicinity and range of the device's RF coverage. A timer plug can automatically reboot your modem/router at a preset time of the day. But use the digital one. Digital timer plugs can go down to 1 minute of on or off time. Mechanical ones have a resolution of 15 minutes, if I'm not mistaken.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Smart plugs, as in the WiFi kind?

You'll be locked out.

They're typically connected to cloud services (such as Wemo, Tuya/SmartLife, Broadlink, etc.). Once you turn it off, your router goes down and so will your internet connection. You won't be able to turn it back on remotely. Someone will have to physically turn on the switch to restore everything.

Alternatives would be RF plugs and timer plugs.

For RF plugs, you'll still need to be in the vicinity and range of the device's RF coverage. A timer plug can automatically reboot your modem/router at a preset time of the day. But use the digital one. Digital timer plugs can go down to 1 minute of on or off time. Mechanical ones have a resolution of 15 minutes, if I'm not mistaken.
    Ok. Thanks guess I'll have to use digital timer plug.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    I have this working but in my case I have 3rd party WiFi router connected to the ISP modem/router. The smart plug connects to the 3rd party router but controls the smart plug of the ISP's modem/router. My smart plug is the unbranded kind that goes for less than 300 pesos on Shopee.

I also think this will work even with just your modem/router provided that you have a pre-programmed sequence of tasks on your smart app to turn off, delay by x time, then turn the plug back on.

The sequence will be saved on the plug itself so it wouldn't matter if you lose Internet connection when the modem goes offline for a while.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    I have this working but in my case I have 3rd party WiFi router connected to the ISP modem/router. The smart plug connects to the 3rd party router but controls the smart plug of the ISP's modem/router. My smart plug is the unbranded kind that goes for less than 300 pesos on Shopee.

I also think this will work even with just your modem/router provided that you have a pre-programmed sequence of tasks on your smart app to turn off, delay by x time, then turn the plug back on.

The sequence will be saved on the plug itself so it wouldn't matter if you lose Internet connection when the modem goes offline for a while.
    pwede kaya sa sonoff yan bro?
    di ko pa masyado nakakalikot itong sonoff, aside from kwh consumption logging

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    pwede kaya sa sonoff yan bro?
    di ko pa masyado nakakalikot itong sonoff, aside from kwh consumption logging

Smart Life ba ang gamit mong app? Sa bottom part ng UI ng Smart Life may "Smart" na icon sa gitna. Duon may options na Automation at Tap-to-Run. Pwede mo duon gawan ng scheduled tasks.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009

This is what I do too. I use tplinks Tapo smart plug. I programmed it to turn off everyday at 5am and turn on at 5:01. Ginagamit ko sya sa Globe kasi bumabagal globe ko at bumibilis after reboot.

Pero kung sa app ko manual na off, kailangan ko puntahan yung plug para manual na ma on.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

When my daughter was younger (grade school).

I used an "old school" timer... House Wi-Fi will turn-off at 11pm and turn on again around 6am.

This is to prevent her from using her devices all night

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Smart Life ba ang gamit mong app? Sa bottom part ng UI ng Smart Life may "Smart" na icon sa gitna. Duon may options na Automation at Tap-to-Run. Pwede mo duon gawan ng scheduled tasks.
    ewelink lang bro
    screenshot_2021-02-27-12-32-21-329_com.coolkit.jpg

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    meron pala *wallywest screenshot_2021-02-27-12-40-33-797_com.coolkit.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast