New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My wife and I have been a subscriber for more than 10 years and my contract is up for its 5th renewal on June. Since nagluluko na itong Xperia ko, I went to their office in SM Southmall yesterday to inquire if I can hasten or accelerate my retention a month earlier.

The customer service staff that I've talked to told me that they are only giving out two units for their customer retention program, which is an IP4, which needs me to upgrade to their next plan (I am currently on plan 800, and i need daw to upgrade to plan 1200), and a ZTE phone which I have not heard of. Since getting the ZTE phone is out of the question for I do not want to use such unit for the next two years, i asked further questions on the IP4 unit. Again, the customer services staff told me that aside from the fact that I need to upgrade to their new plan, the contract if i get an IP4 is for 30 months.

Logically speaking, getting an IP4 which is getting quite older may not be feasible if I am to extend the contract. Cost of an IP4 is around 11k if I buy it outside. Pagtapos ng 30 months, wala ng value yung unit.

I would just like to ask kung naka encounter na kayo ng ganito. Ang iniisip ko kasi baka iba iba ang retention program sa outlets. If this is the same, then Smart will lose a long-time customer. I do not have the habit of purchasing phones in the middle of the contract. Ang ginagamit ko lang is yung unit na provided for by the plan.

BTW, my other unit is a Globe, which I use for official and business related communications. Ayoko din kasing gumamit ng one unit for personal purposes tapos ang company ang nagbabayad.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mistyped the title. Should be Smart Communications Retention Program Sucks.... Hindi ko na mabago.
    sorry.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    mistyped the title. Should be Smart Communications Retention Program Sucks.... Hindi ko na mabago.
    sorry.
    Bro.,- ganyan nga ang Smart, based on our experiences with them (wife and myself), We are currently tied to their Plan800 until July next year. We availed of their free phone- Galaxy Y, one and a half years ago,- and they're offering to give us their IP4 (advertised up to IP5) if we pre-terminate and pay them the pre-termination fee of P7800.... Hay naku, ang bagal naman ng internet......- lipat na lang ng provider.... Iyon lang I will need to change my long-held number.... About the same as yours... 10 years+.... (However,- Globe sucks too.... )

19.0K:higop:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Wala namang matino na telecom dito saten.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Buti pang globe every year pinapalitan yung unit

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    mas maganda yata handsets and plans ng Globe.. pag-aralan mo na lang din.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    different experience naman for us.. Smart has always been generous to us when it comes to handsets...gave us 4S and 5 last year....no cash out..

yun 4S open line pa nga... supposedly iphone4 lang but naubusan sila ng stocks so 4s na lang binigay.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    My wife and I have been a subscriber for more than 10 years and my contract is up for its 5th renewal on June. Since nagluluko na itong Xperia ko, I went to their office in SM Southmall yesterday to inquire if I can hasten or accelerate my retention a month earlier.

The customer service staff that I've talked to told me that they are only giving out two units for their customer retention program, which is an IP4, which needs me to upgrade to their next plan (I am currently on plan 800, and i need daw to upgrade to plan 1200), and a ZTE phone which I have not heard of. Since getting the ZTE phone is out of the question for I do not want to use such unit for the next two years, i asked further questions on the IP4 unit. Again, the customer services staff told me that aside from the fact that I need to upgrade to their new plan, the contract if i get an IP4 is for 30 months.

Logically speaking, getting an IP4 which is getting quite older may not be feasible if I am to extend the contract. Cost of an IP4 is around 11k if I buy it outside. Pagtapos ng 30 months, wala ng value yung unit.

I would just like to ask kung naka encounter na kayo ng ganito. Ang iniisip ko kasi baka iba iba ang retention program sa outlets. If this is the same, then Smart will lose a long-time customer. I do not have the habit of purchasing phones in the middle of the contract. Ang ginagamit ko lang is yung unit na provided for by the plan.

BTW, my other unit is a Globe, which I use for official and business related communications. Ayoko din kasing gumamit ng one unit for personal purposes tapos ang company ang nagbabayad.
    Ganun talaga. 800 lang kasi binabayad mo. Try mo kunin yung 5K+ per month na plan. Iba ang service nila sa mga "high paying customers" compare sa mga budget conscious subscribers.

If you pay peanuts you'll get monkeys. Yan ang patakaran ng telcos. :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    mas maganda yata handsets and plans ng Globe.. pag-aralan mo na lang din.
    yes, i am thinking of switching to globe.
    i just don't like the way they treat their customers for 10 years.....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Bastos View Post
    Ganun talaga. 800 lang kasi binabayad mo. Try mo kunin yung 5K+ per month na plan. Iba ang service nila sa mga "high paying customers" compare sa mga budget conscious subscribers.

If you pay peanuts you'll get monkeys. Yan ang patakaran ng telcos. :D
    actually, I am not paying 800... i usually pay around 1.2 - 1.5k/month dahil excess sa plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Smart Communications Retention Program Sucks