New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I honestly have not seen any significant speed upgrade when I shifted from 2GB to 8gb (except that it doesn't get choked when I open way too many apps and tabs anymore). That said, having more ram doesn't hurt. Upgrade to 16gb is the trend now among common ordinary PC users. Get rams while it's cheap.

However, if you want noticeable blazing speed upgrade, get SSD with Sandforce controller (intel, Corsair, Crucial etc).

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    kung 64-bit ka naman pala, ok lang ang 8gb, magkano nalang naman ang 4gb ngayon.

iniisip mo magdagdag, so dagdag na habang mura pa.. Kapag may bagong labas na naman nyan, mamahal na yang kayang isupport ng mobo mo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I honestly have not seen any significant speed upgrade when I shifted from 2GB to 8gb (except that it doesn't get choked when I open way too many apps and tabs anymore). That said, having more ram doesn't hurt. Upgrade to 16gb is the trend now among common ordinary PC users. Get rams while it's cheap.

However, if you want noticeable blazing speed upgrade, get SSD with Sandforce controller (intel, Corsair, Crucial etc).
    waiting for SSD to come down in price

/cheapskate

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have an extra 4gig RAM which is GEIL DDR3 1333, would it be compatible to my Kingston 4gig DDR3 1333?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    waiting for SSD to come down in price

/cheapskate
    also waiting for SSD to lower its price.

btw, is it true that some SSDs are not compatible or have problems with mac systems?
    Signature

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I have an extra 4gig RAM which is GEIL DDR3 1333, would it be compatible to my Kingston 4gig DDR3 1333?
    I believe it is

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Since you have the 4gb of ram and specs seems to be the same, just try it. I've had a lot of experience using different brands of ram and never had problems. I'm writing this on a laptop with 6gb of ram. The original 2gb is Nanya brand and the add'l 4gb is stronium brand. Been using over a year and no problems whatsoever.

As long as the specs aare identical, I think the only drawback is that it may not run on dual channel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Should I add another 4 gig RAM?