New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    love the photoshop article, thanks.

I do love Photography, I already have a bunch of ebooks... like Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. but I don't own a camera, kahit yung ordinary cheap ones.

I just love creative fantasy shots combined with photoshop manipulations.

yung style ni Tarsem Singh in movies like.

Jeniffer Lopez's "The Cell".

and "The Fall"

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    uy ganda nito, try ko agad yun tips mo sa point and shoot cameras yun lang afford ngayon hehe. learn the basics muna, sana next na babasahin ko sa mga articles mo eh yun pang dSLR na, ibig sabihin meron na din ako nun! wooohooo!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Great info

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Macro photography is interesting where everything seems to be magnified and the viewer gets into this surreal environment that we’ve never seen before even though the subject is mundane and common.

The ability to see the details, colors, shapes, and textures opens up a photographer’s creative vision beyond what the eyes can see. In order to capture subjects with such magnification, however, special equipment are required, specifically, special lenses.
    Normal lenses cannot magnify subjects beyond 35-25% of the actual subject size. Macro magnification, in general, should yield at least 1:1 ratio or life-size magnification or larger.

There are a lot of great macro lenses available for all kinds of cameras, but most macro lenses are costly and unless you do macro and detail-specific photography often, the investment seem to be unjustified for pretty limited use.

Luckily for those who don’t have deep pockets, there are cheaper ways to try out macro photography without breaking the bank. The solution is simple, and you merely have to look back before auto-focus lenses were invented. Knowing how light travels and making use of simple contraptions to magnify subjects before it hits the film/sensor plane.

I recommend the using the extension tube and/or reverse mount approaches over any other option if cost is a big factor.
    The techniques should apply to any digital or film SLR, but it’s easier with a Canon EF mount than any other digital SLR mount due to the availability of adapters for Canon.

Here are the things that you’ll need, assuming you already have a digital SLR to begin with, for extension tube macro:

Continue Reading

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    by David Tong

Level: Easy

No, I’m not selling you a toothpaste nor am I a dentist. Not a lot of us live in Hollywood so we probably won’t have magazine worthy pearly-whites. Vanna White-like teeth may be pleasing to look at in glossy ads and magazine spreads, but they’re usually not very natural when implemented on regular folks like us. So when you post-process casual portraits, it’s best not to over whiten your subjects teeth, in my opinion.

Here’s a simple technique to whiten teeth without the ultra-white Hollywood result in Photoshop.

read the tutorial here

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    by David Tong
    Level: Easy
    Software: PhotoShop

How many times have you taken a colorful scene but you feel that the image needs a little bit more “pop”? I have an easy tutorial for you that should solve most of your flat images.

Here’s our original image, a colorful wooden door that I found near the Malay village.

Read the tutorial here

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Review - Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM by David Tong

Image Courtesy of Wikipedia.org

Important: This is the original Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM (released 2001) and has been replaced by a Mark II version last 2007. While there are significant optical differences between the two, they are more similar than different for the most part, so most parts of the review may still be useful to those considering the Mark II version.
    From Wikipedia:
    Type: Zoom
    Focal length: 16-35mm
    Frame coverage: Full frame
    Aperture (max/min): f/2.8 - f/22
    Construction: 10 groups / 14 elements
    # Diaphragm blades: 7
    Close focus distance: 280mm
    Max. magnification: 0.22
    Physical
    Max. diameter: 83.5mm
    Max. length: 103 mm
    Weight: 600 g
    Filter diameter: 77mm
    Accessories
    Lens hood: EW-83E
    Angle of view
    Horizontal: 98° – 54°
    Vertical: 74°10′ – 38°
    Diagonal: 108°10′ – 63°

The Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM replaced the (even) older EF 17-35mm f/2.8L USM and it was a big upgrade from every standpoint. The 1mm may not sound much but on a full frame camera, wide angle differences are larger than telephoto lenses in field of view.

read the rest of the review

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    by David Tong

Today, I bring you another top-of-the-line prime lens from Canon, the EF 50mm f/1.2L USM. Like the previously reviewed (and well-loved) EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM, the EF 50mm f/1.2L USM offers extremely large aperture opening that allows maximum depth-of-field control for low-light, portrait, and creative effects for Canon EOS cameras.

Read the entire review here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sharing some photography articles for reference...