New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Any feedback on this?

I currently use an iPad2 (wifi) mostly for browsing the net, watching some videos, and reading materials for school.

I will use the Note 8.0 for the same purpose.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I see no problem with Note 8.0 sir but of course i still prefer the iPad.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Kung tecky ka...go with it. Pero kung super sanay ka na sa ipad mo, its going to be a waste. My boss tried that way (shifting from ipad to samsung note). After two weeks suko siya - hindi siya maka adapt sa android so he went back to his ipad and passed the samsung to her daughter na tecky enough to enjoy it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    mas elegant tignan at feel ng iPad Mini side by side Note 8.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    actually the iPad that I currently use is my wifey's. My gift to her hahaha. Now she wants to give me a Note 8.0 because she heard me talking about it.

I am comfortable with the iPad but I want to try something different. BTW, wifey and I use iPhone including his family.

I'll wait for more feedbacks especially the functionality of the S-pen.

Then I will decide if I can downgrade my want from Note 8.0 to Tab 3 (significant price differential of around 7K).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Are you considering the next generation Note III sir?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nexus 7 pa din. ;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have the note 8.0 (i'm using it now to post this) and my 2nd daughter has the ipad mini. My other 2 daughters each have the ipad 2.

It is a matter of preference. Since i already have the S3 it was easy for me to start using the note 8.0. I do find it hard to use the ipad, but i do manage. My daughters and my son find it very easy to switch between the 2, so when they get tired playing their games they hijack my note 8.0.

The note 8.0 has some obvious advantages over the ipad mini. 1st, the SD card slot. I put all the apps in the internal memory and all the other stuff like mp3, movies, pics, etc., in the external SD card. If i need more storage i can just swap SD cards. Also all those files, apps and data, both internal and external, are downloadable and uploadable to a laptop or desktop. With an ipad you need to jailbreak. Google Appstore is also very easy to use. With ipad you need to put in your credit card info even if you only intend to use free apps while there is no need for credit cards with appstore free apps. And paid apps are cheap, average $1 each. Another thing, note 8.0 has a quad core, ipad mini has a dual core. So in the case you will be using an app that needs a quad core you can run it full speed with a note 8.0 but not on an ipad mini. Jelly bean (android 4.2.1) also has multitasking, allowing you to switch from 1 app to another without the need to stop the apps. You can't do that on an ipad (please correct me if i'm wrong coz last time i tried i can't).

btw, the note 3 is rumored to come out in october if you need something smaller. It is anywhere between 5.9 to 6.3 inches super amoled screen, has the newer 4.2.2 android version, and a 8-core processor.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Nexus 7 pa din. ;)

sir GH, advantage ng Note 8.0 eh it is a gsm device.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    salamat yebo.

The size of Note 8.0 is just right for me. I read lots of things for doctoral study so a smaller Note III might be too small already.

Wifey having difficulty finding the wifi version of Note 8.0 (N5110). Any suggested store that allows zero interest installment? or any store that carries this model. I've seen this model only in dbgadgets.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast