New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Maybe they are still working on the prototype sir but the curve display is a good start at the very least.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENMasterTYL
    it could work both ways (username or password) depends on the implementation. multi factor authentication let you choose different mechanisms
    it could, but not in the way apple implemented it in my opinion. you don't base the security of the phone to solely to something that you leave all over the place (fingerprints). that's why biometric access in secured areas IRL use both fingerprints (as usernames) then you input a PIN code (password) after.

anybody who goes through the trouble of capturing your fingerprints in HD to access the data in your phone deserve to get in; and anybody storing super secret data in their phones that are protected by fingerprints alone deserve to get their data stolen. meh, i don't know. now i'm just spitballing

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Sir, how about eye sensor as seen in movies? can it be adopted to phone? I think that is more secure.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    This technology isn't that brand spanking new. I remember seeing Sony (who was then still sharing a factory with Samsung) present a foldable OLED screen when I was at the CES some years back. The round shape for me doesn't do it for me either as electronics would be easier to do in different shapes. What ipresses me is how Samsung has developed the manufacturing process to lower cost to be able to offer it to the public.

Fingerprint scanning isn't new. Biometrics has been around for a long time and the new form of biometrics now scans the nerve layout in a hand which has been said to be as unique as a fingerprint too.

Nokia's camera I think is one of the really ground breaking technologies introduced of late for mobile technology.

The eye sensor is already available. I forgot what it's called but it's used more as an energy saving technology. The sensor uses the front camera to see if the user is looking at the screen or not. If it doesn't "see" any eyes, it would turn the phone off to save power. But I think Retz is talking about a retinal scanner. Give it another year or so and it would be available. I remember there was a prototype made before with this but it was too big. Some phones already have a very good front camera which is all that is needed.
    Last edited by K.I.L.L.; October 11th, 2013 at 10:23 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Next from SAMSUNG, bowl shaped smartphones. So it would conform around your pants backpocket and your butt!!
    I would like to see Samsung develop a phone shaped to fit my crotch and I put it into vibrate mode all the time. :naughty:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    This technology isn't that brand spanking new. I remember seeing Sony (who was then still sharing a factory with Samsung) present a foldable OLED screen when I was at the CES some years back. The round shape for me doesn't do it for me either as electronics would be easier to do in different shapes. What ipresses me is how Samsung has developed the manufacturing process to lower cost to be able to offer it to the public.

Fingerprint scanning isn't new. Biometrics has been around for a long time and the new form of biometrics now scans the nerve layout in a hand which has been said to be as unique as a fingerprint too.

Nokia's camera I think is one of the really ground breaking technologies introduced of late for mobile technology.

The eye sensor is already available. I forgot what it's called but it's used more as an energy saving technology. The sensor uses the front camera to see if the user is looking at the screen or not. If it doesn't "see" any eyes, it would turn the phone off to save power. But I think Retz is talking about a retinal scanner. Give it another year or so and it would be available. I remember there was a prototype made before with this but it was too big. Some phones already have a very good front camera which is all that is needed.

Exactly my point sir. Unlike fingerprints, your eye doesn't leave any prints except of course if yuo are using contact lenses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12