New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i had this apple update pop up for the safari browser, so i downloaded it today lang. it claims to be faster than explorer and firefox.

its true! i have 50% faster uploading now. galing talaga ng programs ng apple. ganda pa tignan... try niyo, just go to apple website and ull see it there.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Maganda nga Safari... My only problem is matakaw sya sa memory compared to IE and Firefox, low end pa naman PC ko

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    From experince, Firefox still has better useful features compared to Safari. Safari is indeed fast and Firefox seems to require more memory to run.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    downside is that some sites dont seem to recognize safari..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    From experince, Firefox still has better useful features compared to Safari. Safari is indeed fast and Firefox seems to require more memory to run.
    lapit naman na firefox 3.

Firefox 3 goes on a diet

In our recent coverage of the Firefox 3 beta releases (1, 2, 3, 4), we have noted performance improvements and a significant reduction in memory consumption relative to Firefox 2. The enormous amount of effort that developers invested in boosting resource efficiency for Firefox 3 has paid off, and the results are very apparent during day-to-day use.

During intensive browsing with approximately 50 tabs, I have found that Firefox 3 generally consumes less than half of the memory used by Firefox 2.0.0.12. Firefox 3 is also snappier and more responsive when switching between tabs and performing other operations that typically lag in Firefox 2.0.0.12 when the browser is experiencing heavy load.

Mozilla developer Stuart Parmenter has written an overview of the tactics that were used to reduce Firefox's memory footprint and also reveals the results of a memory benchmark he performed to compare Firefox 3 with other browsers. The memory benchmark, which uses the Talos framework and was conducted on Windows Vista, replicates real-world usage patterns by automatically cycling pages through browser windows and then closing them. Firefox 3 used less memory than Firefox 2, Internet Explorer, and Opera, and it also freed more memory than the other browsers when pages were closed. Safari 3 and Internet Explorer 8 could not be benchmarked because they crashed during the test.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    i had this apple update pop up for the safari browser, so i downloaded it today lang. it claims to be faster than explorer and firefox.

its true! i have 50% faster uploading now. galing talaga ng programs ng apple. ganda pa tignan... try niyo, just go to apple website and ull see it there.
    I remember first using Safari in my Mac Mini and then the beta for Windows last year. With fast cable broadband, the difference in speed between browsers is literally a blink of the eye. So, I stuck with Firefox which had the added benefit of extensions. Another reason is my Windows security software supports Firefox and IE but not Safari (yet).

My daughter uses Safari in her Mac Mini with no problems though.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 20th, 2008 at 05:25 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    downside is that some sites dont seem to recognize safari..
    yup thats true... i have to open explorer to access other sites. pero satisfied naman ako sa safari...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It's about time Firefox should improve. it's the reason why I tossed it away.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Anyone using Safari 4? so far I like it and it is very fast. I like the Top Sites (ala favorites, bookmarks) I'm not sure if older versions has this since I've never used Safari before. Been using Firefox but I'm testing Safari to see if it is a keeper.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    for me mas ok ang safari or sanay nako sa safari=) i tired firefox pero di ko gusto a it slow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
safari browser