New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    It keeps reinstalling every startup. I'm using a diffrent laptop right now. I already read how to fix this pero during that time this stupid modem was working just fine.

Walang problema pero it's irritating and this prevents me from being able to visit some sites. May loading problem na naman sa facebook poker.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I use Smart Bro but I think the problem w/ these cellular based internet services is that they're all prone to hiccups more than DSL. Although my USB modem doesn't act up, my connection gets spotty from time to time - from very high signal strength to sudden dips. Like a cell phone whose calls keep getting dropped.

The experiences are the same whether it's Globe, Smart or Sun according to some friends and signal quality depends on which area you're in. Malas ko coz I got a post-paid plan w/ a 1-yr contract. I want to terminate already bec I am not getting consistent service despite my being a consistent payer. Since the modem can be unlocked, I think I'll try pre-paid cards and see w/c one works best in my area.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    My problem is every restart, this retarded modem installs again. Laging may found new hardware blah blah blah

It never fckng ends, puro ganon. And midway through the installation of Sun's software, nagdidisconnect ung USB pero nagiinstall pa din, so ang nangyayari hindi talaga properly installed. It's very frustrating, the only good thing about this is its mobility, other than that it sucks just like its phoneline.

May nabasa na ako na step by step solution eh, not sure lang if that was posted in philmug, symbianize or in tipidpc. Hirap maghanap na

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Anong modem mo? I use the Huawei E160 for the macbook, ok naman.

There's something weird about that modem though, sa windoze laptops, same location, ang hina ng signal nya (tested with a friend with the same modem and plan).

So far, 2.7mbps pa lang max speed nakita ko dito.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I'm using Sun broadband modem and shared via router at home, no problem here.

Try bringing your modem to Sun Wireless center for evaluation and possible replacement.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^^^Yes sir.
    Baka nga may sira (kaya nga retarded ) yung USB Modem. Sana pwedeng papalitan yung unit.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    My problem is every restart, this retarded modem installs again. Laging may found new hardware blah blah blah

It never fckng ends, puro ganon. And midway through the installation of Sun's software, nagdidisconnect ung USB pero nagiinstall pa din, so ang nangyayari hindi talaga properly installed. It's very frustrating, the only good thing about this is its mobility, other than that it sucks just like its phoneline.

May nabasa na ako na step by step solution eh, not sure lang if that was posted in philmug, symbianize or in tipidpc. Hirap maghanap na
    yep ganyan din sa akin. ginagawa ko i just cancel, restart the sun modem program and it works fine.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    yep ganyan din sa akin. ginagawa ko i just cancel, restart the sun modem program and it works fine.
    Problem is, saken ever restart laging may FOUND NEW HARDWARE wizard it's just so damn frustrating.

I thought Facebook Poker lang di nagloload, now some of the videos in Youtube halfway thru di nagloload.

How do you restart the modem, by unplugging the stupid fckng thing? Sobrang hassle grabe. It works fine, it's fast but I can't do what I want to do which is to kill time playing poker in FB.

Retarded Sun Broadband modem