New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Okay, first, the rant:

Last week, we just got our Panasonic DMC-FX07 digital camera repaired; cost us over 3k, considering that it was still under warranty. Paano ba naman, they had to replace a cracked LCD screen which wasn't covered by the warranty. And this was in spite of our best efforts to keep the digicam safe and handled properly i.e. laging nasa protective case, hindi nababangga o naiipit saan man, etc. Sobrang delicate ng LCD screen ng Panasonic; it's like literally holding a piece of crystal in your hand. Unlike cameras made by Kodak which are made of relatively sturdier stuff (nasira lang naman yung sa amin dahil sa baha), and are more affordable to boot...:rant:

Now on to the topic:

Because of that rather unpleasant experience, I've been thinking of purchasing a hard case for the digicam, sort of a mini Samsonite, if you will. Kaya lang, the wife mentions instead that there are rigid screen protectors for DSLRs (made of clear hard plastic resin). My question is, available din ba ito for digicams such as the FX07? If anyone can point me to where these exist and can be bought, it would be greatly appreciated. Ayoko nang maglabas ulit ng pera for another cracked LCD screen. Pag naulit pa yun, I swear, I'm switching back to a Kodak.

TIA.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 16th, 2007 at 08:52 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa Hann merun mga hardcase containers with foam padding that can be cut or shaped to fit the gadget.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ilan inches yan lcd ng camera?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty
    ilan inches yan lcd ng camera?
    It's 2.5 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    sa Hann merun mga hardcase containers with foam padding that can be cut or shaped to fit the gadget.
    Thanks. Magkano kaya yun? Sana pala tumingin ako sa Hann. Anyway, nakabili ako ng digicam case from Case Logic. Apart from the hard shell, it has a heavily padded interior to protect the LCD screen from cracking again. It goes without saying that this is infinitely better than the pathetic, flimsy, poor-excuse-for-a-camera-case freebie that Panasonic supplied with our digicam. The cheapskates...

Of course, it would be better to have the actual screen protector as well. I've read about one sa kameraderie.com for DSLRs, kaya lang hindi ko alam kung pwede yun sa point-and-shoot digicams such as mine, since hindi naman sumasagot yung nagbebenta nun sa inquiry ko.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 4th, 2007 at 11:35 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    recessed ba yan lcd nya? ive seen yun hard lcd protectors online kaya lang idinidikit sha e.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    recessed ba yan lcd nya? ive seen yun hard lcd protectors online kaya lang idinidikit sha e.
    Hindi siya recessed. The LCD glass protrudes around 1mm from the camera body.

Makikita mo dito sa top view niya:

Resin LCD protector for digicam