New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I have a HP Pavilion ze4300 Laptop.
    The Rom drive, is a CD/DVD/ with CD-R,CD-RW burner.
    Lately, it seems that it's been having a hard time reading pirated CD-R/CD-RWs And it doesn't read my MP3 cds anymore. I tried burning a cd-r, and it doesn't work either.

Where is a good place to replace my laptop's CD Drive?
    And how much damage do you think it would do to the wallet? hehe.
    As long as I can get a CD-R/CD-RW burner and cd-rom without a dvd-rom, i'd be ok with that..because I like to update my CD-RW's mp3 playlist weekly.
    Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Naku per order basis yang replacement CD drive ng HP, boss. Sa Singapore or sa Malaysia pa sourced yan. From our experience, 8-10 working days ang turn around time. Price? Let's just say para ka ng bumili ng isang mumurahing clone na desktop.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Naku per order basis yang replacement CD drive ng HP, boss. Sa Singapore or sa Malaysia pa sourced yan. From our experience, 8-10 working days ang turn around time. Price? Let's just say para ka ng bumili ng isang mumurahing clone na desktop.
    Whoooaaa... wala bang generic type? heheh. Damn...that's gonna burn a hole in my pocket talaga.
    I might just look into an external cd burner nalang maybe...
    Thanks for the info boss.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Kris, walang generic type. Proprietary yang sa HP eh.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Chief baka kailangan lang ng cleaning niyan? maybe you can try using a CDROM drive cleaner first..it might help..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Not all HP cd/dvd drives are proprietary. Most (not all) laptop cd/dvd drives are 12.5mm drives. You can measure the face and if its 12.5mm then chances are you have a standard drive. Note most IBMs use a shorter drive.

I assume that your laptop is out of warranty.

Try to google a service manual for your HP. It should show how to remove and install your drive. I was able to upgrade my laptops (HP NX6125) cdr to a dvdr by DIY. Just bought a dvdr from a guy I found in buy and sell. Cost me 3500 pesos. Tools needed were a paper clip, T9 or T8 torx screw driver and a philips screw driver. Replacement and installation took less than 10 mins.

Or you can try to have it repaired or replaced in Mega Mall. There is a kiosk there that speciallizes in laptop repairs. Have not tried them myself though.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ahh Thanks so much. I'll measure it and see if it's 12.5mm. I'll probably try cleaning it first to see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the link!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Try mo dalhin sa Gilmore or St. Francis Square. Meron din sa Shopwise Cubao, katapat nung Balut Eggspress. They might be able to repair your drive.

Worst case, external USB drive na lang ang ipalit mo, mas mura kaysa orig internal. Inconvenient nga lang, you have to lug the thing around.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Try mo muna sa Lucky Computer along Bonnie Serrano Avenue, lagpas pa ng Crame kung galing ka ng EDSA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Replacing Laptop CD-Rom/DVD-Rom/and cd burner